30 T/C Reloaded

bigbird34

Well I have finally found the time to reload some 30 T/C 's, I bought the Hornady dies in March!!! I got 100 free bullets from hornady for buying their dies :D,So today I loaded up some ammo for test ....I only had IMR4895 powder to use ,fastest speed with this powder is 2800 FPS w/the Hornady interlock 150 gr sp.....43.2 grains of powder=2800 FPS ,I started with 38.4 gr's of powder @2500 FPS....we'll see what happens .

Reloader 10X would push the bullet over 3000 FPS,but I just didn't want another powder hanging around so I used the IMR 4895 ...results will be posted down the road !

Here's a pic for you ....name those cartridges !

DSCF3780.jpg

see ya, Jim

L-to R 300 WSM ,30-06 Sprng,270 Win,308 Win,30T/C ,7.62x39....

BIGR

Let us know how those loads shoot. The .30 T/C seems like an interesting caliber and if someone does not already have another 30 caliber it might make them a good deer rifle. I have also noticed that the Hornady Factory 150 grain rounds are not that expensive per box to be an odd ball caliber.

troy_mclure

the guy that owns my range absolutely loves the .30t/c.

he does use rl10. he shoots out of an icon.

its so accurate that it pushed him to expand the range from 300yds to 600yds.

BIGR

A year or so ago I was in a rifle buying mood and almost bought a T/C Icon with the weathershield. I was not set on the caliber and was thinking .30 T/C or .308 since I own neither one. I passed on buying one and ended up buying a Model 700 XCR in 7 MM MAG. Heard alot of good things about the accuracy of the Icon and the other T/C rifles.