30 round mags for Remington 597

Logs

Received this email below, not sure why I don't own a Remington 597. For those of you that do this may be good news. I use the Eagle mags for my 10/22.

SENT VIA EMAIL TODAY....................

Dear Valued Customers!

We are taking this opportunity to apologize for the continued release
delay of the much anticipated Remington Model 597 30 Round Magazine
22LR! This magazine has been and now is, in it's last stages of stress,
endurance and reliablity testing. As you can imagine, this type of
testing and final "tweeking" can have multiple set backs. With that in
mind, we would like to assure you as the final release draws near, that
you will be MORE THAN satisfied with this magazine as we are now! Again,
we would like to extend our apologies for any inconvenience these
delay's may have caused.

Best Regards and Safe Shooting,
MB Products, Inc.
www.eagelaccessory.com

Jseime

Well that explains a lot

I ordered mine quite a while ago and was wondering why i hadnt got it yet ill have to go check the old e-mails. maybe my order got lost somewhere and ill have to start over.

I dont think they should have announced it until they had them all ready to ship and then let the word out instead of messing around for months "testing and bumping back" I just hope the derned things are worth waiting for.

T. O'Heir

"tweeking" It's sad when the manufacturers can't spell.
"...not sure why..." You're on their mailing list.
"...announced it..." The marketing wallahs do this all the time. I suspect it's to see what kind of reaction they get before they commit to tooling up for production. If they ever do. It's what happens when non-shooting MBA's run things.
Ruger announced their USGI(a Mini-14 in .308 Win) with great fanfare at a SHOT show in January one year(mid 80's as I recall), before they got it to work. It was cancelled the following June because they couldn't get it to work reliably. They came out with the Mini-30 about a year later.