30 rd BHP Magazines

Redlg155

Fellow Shooters,

I have seen a lot of places that advertise 30rd Browning Hi Power Magazines in addition to the standard 13rd Hi Caps.

I was wondering if anyone has any of these mags and what are your experiences concerning reliability?

I thought it might be a neat item to have just for fun.

Good Shooting
RED

johnwill

I'd have to wonder about the practicality of them. :) FWIW, CDNN has been advertising 17 round military contract magazines for the BHP for some time, the ones I got look great and function fine. That's a much more practical magazine to spend your money on...

Redlg155

hmmm..I might have to check that out..I just kinda wanted something to thumb my nose with to the glock 17 owners..hehe..

REd

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. Heck, you can do that anyway...just because you've got the P35! (Just kidding.) I think that the 17rnd jobs are more practical than the 30s.

Best.

M16

I have two of the thiry rounders made by USA. I bought them right before the ban went in to effect. Can you say worthless piece of junk. The CDNN 17 rounders are the best deal around for Hi-power magazines.

Dave R

I have never used a 30-rounder. They stick WAY out of the butt of the gun. Impossible to carry, except maybe with a hoop skirt. The only practical use I can see is to avoid reloading when at the range. Or fighting off hoardes of Zulus at close range.

But those 17 rounder's are great. They only protrude a bit more than the stock magazines, so they are very carry-able. Function well. As a fringe benefit, they have a nice smooth finish on them. If your BHP has the magazine safety intact, that smooth finish contributes to a better trigger pull.

Redlg155

I already took the mag safety out, but I think I'll definitely order some of the 17rd mags. That should be plenty of ammo for shooting.

I'm betting you will get some seriously funny looks at the range with the 30rd, but I'm not willing to spend 30 bucks just to get funny looks :D

Good Shooting..and thanks for the info guys!
RED