.30 AR

Geezerbiker

Is the .30 Rem AR a dead round already? I was considering a rifle in this caliber and I find that no one has the brass in stock...

Tony

T. O'Heir

Ammo is still listed on Remington's site. Lots of ammo on the assorted sites, running $22ish per 20.
According to Midway, brass is in 'limited production'. If you opt for a rifle, buy as much ammo as you can afford at the same time.

CarJunkieLS1

You CAN NOT use .284 Win and 450 BM brass to make 30 Rem AR brass. That is a popular misconception but I can 100% confirm that the 30 AR has a different head size than anything else, so the brass is proprietary.

And brass was never available as a component to reloaders up until earlier this year when MidwayUSA had new Remington 30 AR brass in 100 case bulk packs.

When I got my 30AR at a closeout price I bought 10 boxes of ammo with it. Added to the brass I got from Midway I have enough to last my lifetime and someone else's lifetime.

OP if you can find ammo then by all means get one its the best SAAMI cartridge available for medium game IMO.

ed308

Isn't .284 Win the parent brass for it and the 450 Bushmaster? I guess the rim sizes are slightly different. How about 30 BR with Lapua brass?

Geezerbiker

Thanx guys it's about what I expected. Frankly the round is so similar to the .30 Benchrest, I'm surprised that they didn't make an AR in that round...

Tony