30-30 Hollow Point

Newton24b

the winchester 150 grain are rather well, effective. they expand very well and well make a mess of hte animals insides.

the main draw backs i have with them is that in my particular rifle they do not group as weel as they should.
also they use a very fast burning powder, make much more noise then anything sold by remington for 30-30. and the fired cases smell like burning URINE.
needless to say i really dont use them. have a partial box i kinda keep for nostalgia.

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
No, it is designed for varmints. It will open up to fast making a shallow wound. You want power point or soft points to get the combination of penetration and expansion needed to take a deer humanely.

DanB

I have a box of 15 in my garage. I don't plan on shooting any more unless my life depends on it. my .30-30 hates them. double the groups I was getting out of Federal, Remington or Hornady LE.

seniordep2010

I would like to give it a try, I shoot 150 grain soft nose out of my 30-30 very effectively, the only two deer I've shot with that rifle dropped right in their tracks. :cool: