30-06

kab37

Help !

I need a source of 30-06 military ammo in MA. Sad to relate some of us in the Commonwealth actually shoot Springfields and Garands. Sadder to relate the CMP is now reserving ammo for club use. Any help will be greatlly appreciated.

kab37

join the cmp

Jbrown, not a bad idea - it's not a club, though. Question: how is this/that going to help me ?

K80Geoff

I just received a Case of the Pyrkal (780 rounds in clips and bandoleers) and a case of the Lake City (960 rounds) from CMP. If you can qualify you can order from them. The CMP provides a list of approved clubs on their website. Sadly your state Rifle and Pistol Assn is not listed, unlike New York or PA. You may be able to join the N Y State Assn for $15 and qualify.

The paperwork to buy from them takes a little work but is worth the effort. Everything you need to know is on their website.It amazes me how many folks seem afraid of the CMP, they are really nice folks and have all their shots, so give them a try!

If you shoot 30-06 they are the best deal in ammo.

kab37

Thanks

Geoff, thanks for the info - I've delt with CMP when it was DCM. They are extremely helpful but a little vague. Seems my problem was that my club membership is annual and they need annual updates on my membership. The rejection on my order said "club use only" so who knew. Cassie helped me out, though.

Sorry for the misinformation on CMP ammo being drioed up.