30-06 SemiAuto besides Garand

10-96

While I've never had one, Remington's made 740's, 7400's, and 7600's (I think those were the semi's and not the pumps) for many many moons. Some swear by them and some swear at them. They have 3 or 4 round magazies, some with cut-offs, and somebody made a clear-ish polymer 10 round.

BlueTrain

I can't believe every post did not mention the FN-49. I had one bought through the mail, too. They were made in several rifle calibers, both in .30-06 and I think in most of the Mauser calibers. Couldn't say which is more common. I don't think they were ever made in .308 and probably no one has bothered to convert any to another caliber.

rjrivero

Benelli R1.....

I can vouch that the Benelli R1 is a FINE rifle. My dad (now about 80 years old) perfers the semi auto to a bolt gun. He claims his bones are brittle in his older age.

It groups well and is a flawless performer in the field. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one.

jgcoastie

I have a Browning BAR MkII Safari w/BOSS in .30/06. It's a great gun and has accompanied me on every hunt for the past ten years.

I would highly recommend the BAR MkII Safari as well as the LongTrac version. My dad has a LongTrac in .270 Win and loves it.