3 shot burst

hknut

Is 3 short burst registered the same as FA? In the Army you would have 2 different sere's in the weapon. Is it the same on the civvy side?

Technosavant

More than one shot per trigger pull = fully automatic machine gun. Whether it's three shot burst or the entire magazine, it's a machine gun.

There's a few extra parts in the 3 shot burst model. A friend of mine in the Navy (he's a pilot, so he only shot with them a couple times) said the full auto had a better trigger pull than the 3 shot burst model- seeing diagrams of the burst fire control group I can see why.

David Hineline

A burst rifle is a machinegun and regulated as such.

There are trigger conversions that fire when pulled and again when released, to effectively double the rate of fire, but they scare the poop out of me because someone will always release at the wrong time.

impalacustom

The sear on a 3 round burst and full auto are exactly the same in an M4/M16 type rifle. The only difference is in the trigger, disconnector, cam and 1 spring. The hammer remains the same. Just having the hole in a reciever for the FA sear is the same as having a FA weapon.

Uncle Buck

There are trigger conversions that fire when pulled and again when released, to effectively double the rate of fire, but they scare the poop out of me because someone will always release at the wrong time.

But these are still considered illegal if you do not have the right paperwork, correct?

Skans

I've heard of these in concept, but have never seen any application of this. I would think they would still be a machinegun because releasing a trigger does not constitute a pull. Otherwise, everyone would have them on their AK-47's!

I came up with an idea of an bolt-on device that would work like a pump (on a pump-shotgun) that would in turn be geared to opperate a piston that moved back and forth to push the trigger on a semi-auto rifle. This would let the shooter emulate full-auto fire by pumping the forend, which should be easier and more effective than a gattling type trigger. It is still one trigger pull for each round fired, but I'd bet that BATFE would figure out a way to "Akins" my device, if I ever attempted to make it.

PTK

The pull-release is OK'd by the BATFE. I played with one on an AK and a Mini-14, and it was WAY too fun to dump the magazine. Sort of useless for anything but double-taps, though! :)

PTK

A friend had made one for his AK74 - I have no idea where he got the idea. The only one I owned was for a Mini-14, and it was very fun but had no real use for me. :)

jmorris

The pull-release trigger is very simple on a mini 14 only takes a staple and 30 seconds to turn it into an ammo waster.

You might want to print out a copy of this BATF approval letter first.

Attachments

• mini14batf.jpg
    mini14batf.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 184

jmorris

If you want to waste ammo with an AR just get a JARD 1.5# trigger, set it up per the instructions and double away.

espnazi

What do you need to be able to purchase the 3 shot burst kit from K-var For an AK? Can it be done to any AK?

Willie Lowman

To purchase a kit from K var you need a credit card. Yes you can put the kit on any AK after you drill a hole in the receiver. To do this is ILLEGAL unless you are an 07/02 or have a registered transferable AK.