3'' s&w centennial?

porkskin

dealer has a used one and i didn't know how rare they are. listed at $395.00 in stainless and NO EF-ING KEYLOCK!!! i just didn't know how desirable/collectable this piece was. especially as there is a 95% gp-100 4'' right beside it for only $350.00 help please

Majic

Centennial is a name for a frame design. By coming in different calibers and frame sizes there are several Centennials. The exact model would be helpful in determining it's desirablity.

shermlab dds

Take it and run!

That is a rare model. I remember seeing one on the cover of Combat Handguns about ten plus years ago. I have never found one myself, but I would love to add one to my collection.

porkskin

so final verdict, is this a deal for $395 or should i get the gp100 for $350? i already own an airweight bodyguard, a 4'' model 31 (.32 long) s&w, and a 3913 tsw 9mm.

Majic

They were made for 5 or 6 years. They only changed after the J-Magnum frame came out and allowed the .357 mag chambering. If you really want it the go for it, but if you pass then it's not like you made any grave error.

Dave Markowitz

I have a S&W Model 640 (no dash) in .38 Special with the 3" barrel. It's a nice gun and I don't recall seeing another like it in person. If you like 3" wheelguns, get it. The price isn't out of line.