3" Nickel S&W 24's and 25's at CDNN

David the Gnome

In the event that anyone was on the lookout for a 3" nickel S&W model 24 or 25 I just got a flier from CDNN stating they have both for sale for $599 each. The 24 is the 44spl and the 25 is the 45acp model. I've been on the lookout for a 3" Smith but I'm not particularly interested in the 44spl caliber and I'm not a fan of semi-auto calibers in revolvers. I thought I'd let everyone know though, just in case someone else was. :)

This is the blued model, so just imagine this but shiney:

150123_large.jpg

David the Gnome

lsufan1971, it was the mini flier that came packed inside with one of my orders.

Mike, I have no idea when these were made. The flier didn't specify.

Gun 4 Fun

Mike, these have the new style of stocks, so I'd bet good money that they are the new classic series. I might be wrong and if so, someone is free to correct me, but I don't believe the older 24's ever came in nickel. Also the .45 acp 25's never came with a pencil barrel in 3" that I'm aware of.

don95sml

Isufan1971 wrote:
I believe they have the "lock".
Since the photo shows only the right side, you can be sure it has the lock. Funny how S&W never seems to include the lock in a photo.

CraigC

I might be wrong and if so, someone is free to correct me, but I don't believe the older 24's ever came in nickel.

I don't believe so either. The .45ACP 25's always had bull barrels but the 1950 Target .45 had that lovely tapered barrel.

I'd just rather find a 1980's reissue 4" M24 than pay just as much for a new one.

David the Gnome

Just keep in mind that picture is one I pulled from the S&W website. I have no idea what the stocks look like on the models CDNN has. :p

loyloyola, it's just a personal preference of mine and a matter for another thread entirely. :)

A1A

These are classic series model 24 & 25's, but the 3" barrel jobbers are Lew Horten Special Editions of which there were 250 of each and so serial numbered. They were available model 24, 25, 29 with Ahrend Magna Rosewood grips Nframe, square butt, and yes with lock. Originally available in blue and nickel made in 07.

I have a blued Model 24, which is very nicely finished. I paid in my hand $740.00 and felt it was an excellent price. Have not shot it yet but the action is very nice and the grips are beautiful.

These pistols for 599.00 are worth owning but they also would be a great short term investment as the original MSRP was 1149.99 but also in a year or two everybody is always looking for 3" larger caliber Smiths.

Great nightstand piece or hiking/MT gun...

charleym3

Gad I wish I had the money. I'd buy one of the 25s in a heart beat. Anyone want a TRR22-4 for the same price?

Last edited:

maxwayne

I ordered one of the 25's on Wed and it arrived at the dealer on Friday. The gun is beautiful, especially the grips. I went to pick it up yesterday, but another customer wanted it a lot more than I did. The dealer sold it to him and I ordered another. All of my Smiths are nickel.