3 months later on the 327 1.87'

I was totally surprised that so many of our expert forum people had never fired or ownd the Ruger LCR snub revolver. After seeing the utube by Chuck Hawes & sererval other experts, I couldn't understand why the info & sales were so sparse. The actual cost of practice & self defence ammo is not that terrible considering that you get a 1.87" snub with SIX SHOTS. Yes the front sights are junk, but that's easily fixed. with a new front sight. Try the HIVIZ Ruger LCR Front Sight in Green This revolver shoots ammo in 32 calber and 327 ammo different calibers & using Hornady 80ngrain 3H&R ammo you have the power better than the average 38 spec P+ but less noise & recoil with the 357 in magnum revolvers. I don't reload but go on line to on "AMMOSEEK.COM" for the best prices. This makes the 32 in magnum revolver a no brainer carry to carry in a "concelled carry state like florida.
For SD. There are many choices. Please review on UTUBE en re the 327 in magnum revolver . Do some research like we did.

I'm in dicussion with Ruger about doing a adv. spc on this revolver. Hope they do it.
For the ladies & men the 327(recoil sensitive"it is a perfect carry starting at 17 ounces plue weight & up
Before you all come back and see 'Bh Humbug", I suggest that you borrow a 327 in mg revolveror or rent one before you react to my post. If you never have shot on THEN BUT OUT".
As usual, i want eveyones option but only if you have a LCR 6 shot revolver. The reason i'm pushing this is because it's made so well & shoots terrific. IMHO & Ruger;s opinion.

Last comment. Ruger thinks that this is the best snub that they ever mades & one last caveat, It's a six shot vs. a 5 shot revolver which almost no one out there make one.

74A95

Lots of companies make 6 shot snubbies. Colt, S&W, Taurus, Kimber.

Heck, S&W makes 7 and 8-shot snubbies - in 357 Magnum.

Even Taurus makes a 7-shot snubby in 357 Mag.

TruthTellers

After shooting the SP101 4 inch with 100 grain .327, Idk if I want a .327 LCR anymore. Sure, I could load it with .32 H&R, but I could go with 9mm instead and have a more powerful, but controllable option that shoots the least expensive centerfire pistol ammo available.

I'd have to try them out side by side. For anyone here who has, between the .327 LCR and a 9mm LCR, what did you think?

Real Gun

I'd have to try them out side by side. For anyone here who has, between the .327 LCR and a 9mm LCR, what did you think?
That strikes me as a thread hijack. He asked for people who have actually owned, maybe at least fired an LCR .327. Yes, he pushed our .327 Federal buttons, but just sayin'.

wild cat mccane

Consider, the FPS in *most* commercial 357 is almost the same as *most* warm/hot to +P 9mm, both with 4" barrels with just slightly different weights....

Lohman446

I still think that the argument of "you NEED 6" is a precariously balanced one that you have a hard time making without inadvertently making the argument that you really need 10 (or more). If the difference between having 5 and 6 shots is so dramatic why not go for 10?

And I'm a big fan of the .327. I just wish they would bring it out in something that was a dedicated platform for it. Something between the NAA mini-revolvers and the J frame. I'd rather have a dedicated 5 shot (or even 4) .327 than a .327 stuffed into a J-frame (or LCR) with the big thing being the extra shot because if that extra shot were so vital to me there are lots of options that give more than 6.

Last edited:

Real Gun

Consider, the FPS in *most* commercial 357 is almost the same as *most* warm/hot to +P 9mm, both with 4" barrels with just slightly different weights....
The bullets are lighter.

Real Gun

if that extra shot were so vital to me there are lots of options that give more than 6

I think you miss that it is a question of what will fit in a given platform. 6 rounds instead of 5 is nice to have but was never the goal of the manufacturer. Producing a gun design specifically for 327 cartridge is not going to happen. The current offering that I think is the best fit for full up 327 Federal Magnum is the Lipsey's GP100 half lug, carrying 7 rounds because they fit.

TruthTellers

That strikes me as a thread hijack. He asked for people who have actually owned, maybe at least fired an LCR .327. Yes, he pushed our .327 Federal buttons, but just sayin'.
I think it's a valid question because the major point of the .327 is supposed to be "lower recoil" from .357 and .38, but with .327, I'm not feeling that and am wondering if 9mm achieves that more vs .327.

Not to mention have less blast too.

Real Gun

But with threads re 327 we always fall back on trying to justify the cartridge. This is just about the LCR.

Lohman446

But with threads re 327 we always fall back on trying to justify the cartridge. This is just about the LCR.

So any answer that is not "awesome great idea" in regards to this special edition Ruger should be simply disregarded or kept to oneself?

Real Gun

That would be a non sequitur, a logical fallacy. The OP was talking about the LCR in 327. The discussion would be about that combination of gun and cartridge as the OP specified. In other regards, we have beaten the 327 to death.

TruthTellers

That would be a non sequitur, a logical fallacy. The OP was talking about the LCR in 327. The discussion would be about that combination of gun and cartridge as the OP specified. In other regards, we have beaten the 327 to death.
He's discussing the .327 LCR in regards to its shootability, low recoil, and trying to bust the myth that the ammo is impossible to find or fairly priced.

In contrast, the 9mm LCR has been regarded as a superior shooter to the .357 LCR, more powerful than .38 special, and the ammunition is abundant and second only to .22 in price.

The 4 inch SP101 in .327 I have is, to me, still a good revolver, but I'm questioning the merits of an LCR in .327 vs one in 9mm. The only difference is cylinder capacity, but I want to know between .327 and 9mm LCR's, for those who've shot both, what they thought of them, pros and cons.

Not questioning the justification of the cartridge, I think it fits certain niches very well and in certain guns (rifles especially) fill a role. This is specific to which is the better choice, nothing more.

FrankenMauser

I like mine.
But in an SD situation, you'll only find it loaded with .32 H&R. The muzzle pressure of .327 Federal is ridiculous. I'd rather "compromise" than destroy my hearing.

Are you working on commission?
Go away.
The guy likes his revolver and the cartridge it is chambered for.
If you don't like it, voice that opinion. (Or just go away.)
If you do like it, do the same.

But don't drop useless, presumptive inquiries.

rodfac

Good post and discussion Doc, naysayers notwithstanding, it's a good cartridge, straight walled, with impressive ballistics. Seems to stack up favorably with .38 Spl +P, albeit with a lighter bullet. Were I not encumbered with a baker's dozen 9's, .38's, and .357's, I'd give it a try. And the LCR seems like a good size for deep concealed carry....pocket carry would not be cumbersome for most.

I will say that in the two Ruger Single Six examples that I own, both in .32 H&R, you'd be hard pressed to find a better camp and trail gun. Accurate, with good grips for training new shooters with minimum recoil, they're about perfect. And I'd not feel under-gunned if confronted by a two-legged varmint while armed with one of them. The .327 is just that much better at the latter task.

Best Regards, Rod

kymasabe

I have very little experience with the .327, but having fired it, and the. 32h&r mag, I much prefer the .32h&r.
I'm sure the LCR is a fine gun, but I'd much rather have my 6 shot s&w 432pd in .32 h&r.

reteach

I have mentioned my .327's here a few times. I really like the .32 caliber handguns. I agree that .327 in the LCR is no fun, but .32 H&R suits me and my arthritic hand just fine, and I carry it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense.