3'' model 10 heavy barrel

RJay

Rare no, good guns,very nice. Price? I don't know your location, it's not overly high,J&G were selling them for around 200-225 ( by the time you pay a gun dealer 25- 40$ to have it shiped it will be about the same) These are police turn in. Most are in very good shape and well worth the money, I just picked up a Model 18 ( Same as a 15 but in .22) in like new condition for 180.

G56

I always felt that a 3" Model 10 or 13 is one of the best concealed carry revolvers out there, good basic revolver and stone solid. The 3" is a good barrel length and the ejector is long enough to clear the empties out of the cylinder, a lot of the snubbies don't have enough travel to completely clear the empty cases from the cylinder.

AMT8951

Ditto G36

SWM65.jpg

Model 65-5. Pretty much a Model 10 but .357Mag and Stainless. sorry about pic quality.

Marko Kloos

I love mine to death. They're not super-rare, but very hard to find...I suspect that owners don't let theirs go. I know mine won't ever go anywhere. They're the ideal carry revolvers, IMHO. Simple,s ****y, reliable as the sunrise, no worries about durability or cleaning out deposit rings after shooting .38 Specials.

m10hbleft_l.jpg

chaim

As already said, not a rare gun as many were made and sold (over many, many years), but a fairly rare find as they aren't made anymore and not many owners let theirs go. As for the price, around here that would be a steal for a 3". I would absolutely love a 3" M10 or M64 to compliment my 3" S&W 65LS.

XavierBreath

The base Model 10 price would depend on your area, but I would think the 3 incher would be scarce everywhere. If you plan to carry the gun, then the 3 inch barrel might be worth $50 or so over the usual Model 10 cost. In some places a garden variety Model 10 goes for $150, in others it goes for $250. If a 4 inch Model 10 sells for $225 or so in your area then the $275 tag is pretty much on target.

DO make sure you are measuring the barrel correctly. Measure from the front of the cylinder to the muzzle. A 4 inch barrel measures 3 inches if you start measuring at the barrel/frame junction.