3 Gun event tomarrow...

yorec

And I get to go - I'm so stoked! (Finally took a day of so I could)

Have a fairly new SA 1911 Loaded .45 for handgun, Remington 11-87 12ga for shotgun, and Colt AR15 for rifle. I know the equipment should be competitive, but I'm still getting used to the pistol and holster combo...

Regardless, gonna be fun!! :cool:

Report tomarrow...

RickB

It is fun. The last 3-gun I shot, I used a longslide .45, Mossberg 590, and Colt AR, and had much fun. I used to shoot a M1 Carbine on the rifle stages, and it was a lot of fun as well, but I do like the flat trajectory of the AR, when shooting targets from 5yds to 350 yds. I have not done much in the way of buying specific gear for 3-gun. I have a looped belt for shotgun shells, and a back pocket for rifle mags. I may have to get a cart, though. A buddy of mine bought a 3-wheeled baby stroller for about $50, and attached a couple of rifle mounts intended for an ATV; works nice, and much cheaper than essentially the same thing for over $200, offered-up especially for 3-gun.

yorec

It was an absolute blast, though I got seriously mopped by some of the other shooters!

I saw some pretty serious setups and got some ideas for that day I want to try "unlimited" class - from Box fed Saiga shottys to holosighted Glocks with 32 rounds mags... :D It was worth it just to see all the toys!

There were eight courses of fire which we were only allowed one chance at - cold situations where the only advantage was to watch the other shooters first. (We took turns in the order we shot) Ranges were from handgun steel to 114 yards at way tiny 4" steel discs - challenging.

Probably went through fifty rounds of 12 ga, 200 rounds .45 (way too many) and 150 rounds of .223. (Did I mention those 4" discs at 114 yards over iron sights while trying to beat the clock were a challenge?)

I didn't do all that badly, but I was deffinatly not as ready as I could have been - next time, lol! I'm looking forward to it.