3:10 to Yuma

erikrichard

Saw it today for the first time. Did anyone else here enjoy seeing those old Colt .45 SAA's? damn I love these guns, they just epitomize the old west. Too bad the movie was so stupid. Why do so many westerns have to glorify and exaggerate so damn much? I loved Unforgiven, until it lost all credibility in the last 20 minutes.

glockopop

The folks at US Firearms would be glad to hear that they fooled you! None of those guns were Colts, all were USFA revolvers.

SAA GunSlinger

I loved watching charile prince use those schofields though, only other time ive seen schofields mentioned in westerns was unforgiven and the quick and the dead.:D

CraigC

I loved the movie, much better than the original IMHO. Of course, few actors play the bad guy like Glenn Ford but I just don't care for Van Heflin.

I've heard conflicting reports about the guns used. Initially, I heard Wade used USFA's and then, from two different sources, I heard they were original Colt's. I'm inclined to believe they were USFA's. It was also interesting to find out that Russell Crowe raises Brangus cattle on his ranch in Australia. Pretty cool.

CraigC

That's why I think it was USFA. It was either Russell Crowe or Thell Reed that said they were Colt's....or both.

I also read in a rather lengthy article that Tombstone used all authentic, original guns and that it took months to compile a pair of each (for spares). Then I read in another article that Thell Reed reported many were replicas. Even among the experts, nobody seems to agree.

erikrichard

Whether Colts or Colt copies, they were still the coolest part of the movie. Too bad they can't shoot 20+ rounds without reloading in real life, though. :rolleyes:

sandbag

USFA's

are nice revolvers-I have a Colt SAA in .38 Special and a USFA SAA in .45LC-they both rock.Just shot them today.Best way to spend a sleety Sunday-at the gun club.:p