2nd gen Glock mystery...please help

Mylhouse

Well, at least it is a mystery to me.

My friend has a few older 2nd gen Glocks. Two are G22s and one is a G17. On one G22 and on the G17, there is a milled 'stripe' that runs down the center of the inside of the slide. It runs from where the front sight attaches to the edge where the barrel hood would start. This area is where the top of the barrel hood glides against on the inside of the top of the slide.

Every other Glock I've seen including his other 2nd gen G22 just have a flat, smooth surface in the aforementioned area.

Could any of you enlightened Glockers please give me the history and/or reason behind this? And why isn't this milled section seen on newer Glocks?

Thank you!

blades67

I have a 19, built in 1990, that has this same look. I believe that it is just the last pass from the cutter that was used to clean up the inside of the slide. Just the way the CNC machine was programmed at the time.

Mylhouse

Thanks blades and BAD81!

I'm very surprised that in a forum where "Are Glocks ugly?" or "Do all Glocks KaBoom?!" or "Where can I get a ceramic Glock 7?" posts will get 40 or more replies, my obviously less inane and more challenging question goes virtually unanswered with the exception of the above mentioned posters...

Guess I'm calling Glock.:eek:

SVTNate

Just thought I would say that I tried to help you, but my Glock experiences have mostly been with 3rd gen models. Never seen this "stripe" you speak of :) My G30 doesn't have it, my G21 didn't have it.

I've shot a lot of Glocks, but I've never seen this before. Can you get pics? I'd be interested to see exactly what you're talking about.

Khornet

The stripe

....is that what causes Glock Kabooms?

Just kidding. My G22 has that milled 'stripe', and I'll bet it has no function, just, as was already said, the way the CNC machine was set up at the time.