$2k AR Build

LockedBreech

Hey all,

I'm helping my brother pick out components for an AR primarily for range and home defense purposes.

His police department gave him a nice Colt M4 but he wants one of his own. I have some decent AR experience but you fine folks have more.

Necessary specs:
- 16" chrome lined barrel
- Foregrip
- Holo or Red Dot sight
- 5.56x45 caliber

Lowers and Uppers MUST be:
- Daniel Defense
- Noveske
- Bravo Company MFG
- LaRue

I am a fan of Magpul components.

Well, thats it! 2,000 is not a minimum, but it is a maximum.

Given those constraints, what would you build?

DubC-Hicks

Why no Spikes Tactical on the list? :confused:

They are just as good, but not as pricey (They run right around $800). That leaves plenty of money for a sight and ammo. I love my M4 LE. About 2600 rounds since August with NO problems at all.

5 Screw Smith

Why no Spikes Tactical on the list? :confused:
Good question...

Their components are mil-spec and very reasonably priced.

They also include M16 bolt carriers with their complete rifles or uppers. ;)

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-midlength-le-carbine-p-443.html

Plus I got a decal like this with my purchase:

4d16_35.JPG

5RWill

Get BCM, Spikes, or DD. Use the other 1000$ you save to get quality parts and bullets. I don't doubt Noveske is a fine AR but it's nowhere near worth the 900$ more than a BCM, Spikes, or DD IMO. People can flame me all they want, point me somewhere where the Noveske does something any of those can. I mean no disrespect they just seemed overpriced is all. It's like justifying the ridiculous price for a M24 or a SR-15.

LockedBreech

Thanks for the info about Spikes! I was unfamiliar with them, looks great.

I realize my list is pretty restrictive. Its just a good chunk of money and I want to make sure my brother gets a great AR that will last a lifetime.

mc223

His police department gave him a nice Colt M4 but he wants one of his own.

Why look beyond your own words? Can be had well within the maximum.
Then there would be no buyer remorse that would cause you to seek the blessing of a forum.

fredeee

+1 for Spikes

I put a Spikes middy on an RRA lower w/ 2 stage and love it. No problems after well over 2000 rounds.