$269 for a M16, good price?

Mic

IS $269 a good price for a used M16 parts kit? Will trim the baynet lug off and cut and recrown the barrle to get rid of the threads and use it on my Bushmaster lower.

Keith J

Which parts? I assume its an upper. If pre-ban, you can get a post-ban barrel for $175. If its a 1:7 NATO A2 barrel, its worth more than a civie, depending on mfg. You shouldn't trim chrome plated barrels as the crown will be damaged and it won't shoot good for long if it shoots well at all. You can remove threads and make it legal.

FWIW, my pre-ban FNMI will group 1/3 MOA with reloads.

Mic

It is everyting but lower receiver. I belive that it is Colt mfg. In pretty decent shape. Silver soder is kind of walking a grey line, Is it not?

HankL

Keith J. I would have sent you an email but... I have one Bushmaster 1:9 22" that I whacked the threaded part off of and crowned. It is still shooting the same small groups after 1800 or so rounds as the day I finished the project. Near 1/4 inch at 100 yards with ammo it was happy with. I have chopped another , Colt chrome barrel 1:7 20" and am having great fun with it.
My question is, what is going to happen to my bobbed chromed barrels after ??? rounds? BTW, all my cut and crowned AR's shoot a good bit better than the stock ones including the Delta Elite H-Bar that I am happy to have but paid way too much for.
Mic, you should expect all of the lower parts, springs , etc. just make sure that they are AR parts and not M-16 parts. Not to say that anyone would ship you a M-16 trigger by mistake but it pays to know the difference.

Mic

www.tapco.com has them, there out of stock but will have them in a few days. I just want to now what to do with the trigger? Should I destroy it or what?