.25-35 price check

Buzzcook

nextnight047.jpg

S/N 223xx

The ad says circa 1869, which of course is not quite accurate. The gun is in below average condition for its age with a home made stock repair and some guy named Sam scratching his name in the action. It is functional.

I'm told there is lots f interest in this gun. Perhaps I'm missing something.

jdscholer

You might find out a little about the flip-up peep sight on the tang (Marble or Lyman?). I've heard that the price on those is almost shocking. jd

eastbank

looks like a rifle some one shortened the magazine tube on and the forend wood also. madis says made some time in 1895 eastbank.

Last edited:

Scorch

looks like a rifle some one shortened the magazine tube on and the forend wood also
The forend has been reworked, but not the mag. It is a light rifle, that's the way they were made.

The ad says circa 1869, which of course is not quite accurate.
I have never seen a Winchester 1894 made in the 1860s because (DUH!) they were introduced in 1894. Yours is an 1895 manufacture date.

Very early guns do tend to be very desirable for collectors, but they gotta be clean. With the stock repair and the condition it's in, it's essentially a $450 gun.

eastbank

i have looked at all my winchester books and can not find a rifle that looks like that(magazine with the hanger in that position) before i put any money in that rifle i would need alot more info. eastbank.

Buzzcook

With the stock repair and the condition it's in, it's essentially a $450 gun.

Close. It went for $300. Less than I thought it would. After re-inspecting the tube I figured it was not original. So even though it went for less than I thought it was worth, I passed on it.

Unfortunately for me the gun I really wanted went for close to retail value and I passed on that as well.