25-06

Semisane

Out of my Browning B78 - 100 grain Barnes Triple Shock, 54.0 grains Reloader 19, CCI 200 primer, OAL 3.180, slightly over 3200 fps with moa accuracy.

saudst

I have 2. Heavy charge of 4831SC mag Fed. primers and the 75gr. V-Max. Vaporizes varmits

The other is IMR4350, same primers and the 115gr Partition. Just developed this one for a hunt in West Virgina this year.

Tim.

jepp2

I've killed more than 30 deer with 25 caliber (mostly 257 Roberts). Several were shot with Nosler ballistic tip, but they expand so much that they do a lot of damage that results in meat loss. I tried them to eliminate the blunting of the tips in the magazine.

So for deer and antelope now I just use 100 gr. Sierra spitzer boattail over IMR 4350 powder in my 25-06. I like the expansion and penetration. But I don't shoot through the shoulder, I stay behind it to minimize the damage. I catch the back of the lungs, and the hydrodynamic shock wave usually splits the liver open. They drop very quickly and I have almost no bloodshot meat to deal with. Needless to say, I only take broadside shots.

furtaker

Thank's for all the info so far! I guess I should have stated that I would be hunting primarily Kansas whitetails.

Semisane

This is a 100 grain Barnes X bullet that was shot at 3200 fps muzzle velocity into a 168 lb. whitetail buck at 190 yards. It was a "quartering to" shot. The bullet entered the upper right shoulder and was recovered from under the skin about midway down the back side of the left rear leg. There are a lot of good bullets out there but these may be one of the best.

257100GrainBarnesXBulletsjpg-1.jpg

Sidewinder72

I think 110 accubonds and H4831sc is a great combination. Anywhere between 47 and 51 grains. Whatever your rifle likes best. Good hunting

Last edited: