25-06 texas dall report!

tchunter

Well I made it back to Michigan after a successful south texas hunt. I used the savage axis in 25-06 with a bushnell dusk and dawn 6-18, hornady 117 gr sst. The ranch had a lot of gold medal class rams so I had to look for one with some character. When I did the gun did the job. The first shot right behind the shoulder pretty much disabled him, I didn't think a second was necessary but my guide asked for one. After the ram hunt I also had a chance to take a couple hogs including my best boar yet. Just like the ram they only needed one shot a piece. All in all I was very pleased with the gun and scope and can't wait to go back to texas!

Attachments

• NV_20120214_0.jpg
    NV_20120214_0.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 92

1hogfan83

Beautiful ram, I want a 25-06 so bad. Unfortunatly my wife has a semiknowledgeable brain, if thats a word, of guns and rifles. My only wooden stocked rifle, besides military guns. Anyway, enough about my dreams, lets see some hogs! Woooooo pig sooooie!

tchunter

Just wanted to throw in there, the ram was 186 yards, the first hog 92 yards, and the second hog approx. 50ish going Mach 2!