25-06 supressor?

My 25-06 with a 20" barrel has a terrific muzzle blast, I swear the percussive shockwave blinds me for nearly a full second. The end of the barrel is threaded for a supressor, so it was obvious with the previous owner. I was looking at videos concerning supressors and figured I needed one in the 30 caliber size, but I don't want a super long supressor and my question is, what is a decent quality 30 cal supressor for the money? I'm on a tight fixed income so I'm probably looking at the lower end of the decent ones...

P.S.- I will ignore replies about oil filters, etc... lol.

Last edited:

Sharkbite

You are going to need to contact some suppressor manufacturing companies. See what the uncorking pressure of the 25-06 round is.

I doubt a can rated for 308win will do it. You probably need a can rated for 300win mag to do what you want, but thats a guess.

44 AMP

Staff
The end of the barrel is threaded for a supressor, so it was obvious with the previous owner.

The end of the barrel is threaded for something....possibly a suppressor, perhaps a muzzle brake, which can redirect a significant portion of the muzzle blast away from the shooter and doesn't require Federal paperwork and possibly months of waiting.

The length of the "can" will change the feel of the muzzle blast, certainly, but I doubt you'll get full efficiency from a .30 cal suppressor shooting a subcaliber (.25) bullet.

Anytime you light off an 06 case volume of powder from a short barrel, you will get a tremendous muzzle blast.

I suggest you talk with people who make suppressors and see what they think of shooting a .25 out of a .30 and what they might recommend, instead.

Also remember that anything you hang on the end of the barrel is going to affect the way the barrel vibrates, and can change the way the rifle shoots.

MarkCO

6.5 Suppressors work well with the 25-06. And NO, you won't need a 300 WinMag can. Besides, most decent suppressor manufacturers are going to rate their can for something at the top end, pretty easy to figure out.

First things first, you need to figure out what your muzzle is threaded. There are common ones, but there are also companies that make adapters, even ones that will "jail break" a can to change the mount geometry. I had my A2 muzzle brake can changed the a 1/2x28.

6.5 Suppressors range from about 5" to 9" in length, from 9 ounces to a little over a pound and $400 to $1600. You also need the $200 tax stamp.

I've shot a Witt Dirty 30, they work well for what they are. I own a different Witt, a few Thunderbeast, and the Ultra 5 is excellent, but much higher priced.

Unless you want to also suppress a 30 cal, I'd stick with the 6.5 as it will be more efficient for the quarter bore.

JustJake

I know a dude who hunts 'yotes with a 25-06 with a 30-cal can. The barrel is a Shilen match grade, cut to 22" and threaded for a AAC SDN-6 can.