.243 win Encore

TCman

How does the recoil of a 15inch encore pistol compare to a .454 casull? Im looking for a handgun to hunt with, and the .454 is a bit much to practice with.

Bigjim3

If you can find a TC barrel in .357 maxium. You can practice with .38 and .357mag. And 357 max is still easy to find and ok in price 28.00 a box last I bought.

rodwhaincamo

Can't it accept the 45 Colt? That ought to fit the practice bill with no new barrel to buy, which means more ammo to practice with. On the other hand a new barrel would be nice too!!! :D

mikejonestkd

for me at least the .243 win in a 15" encore barrel has less kick than a .454 DA revolver. it weighs quite a bit more so that helps alot. The .454 in an encore is more manageable, more of a push than the sharp smack of a .243 win.

TCman

My .454 is a magnum research BFR .460. The .460 doesnt seem to kick that much more than the 454, but the 243 would be more range and flatter shooting.

darkgael

recoil

Don't have a .243; do have the Encore in .308 with the 15" bbl. With 130 grain bullets, recoil is no big deal; it does stack up, though, as bullet weight increases. The .243 should be in the no big deal category.
Pete

jglsprings

Can't it accept the 45 Colt? That ought to fit the practice bill with no new barrel to buy, which means more ammo to practice with. On the other hand a new barrel would be nice too!!!

That is what I thought......