243 brass

c.j.sikes

i have a friend who bought a 243 rifle and needs about 100 rounds of brass, do any of you know where he can buy used 243 brass ? thanks cjs

Marco Califo

243 Uses 308 brass

If you are going to reload, you must have dies; since you have dies, you can use 308 brass"
Forming .308 Win brass to .243 Win brass
« Reply #15 on: 11:58 AM, 05/08/11 »
243W brass made from 308W could actually improve things if you're shooting a factory rifle. A loaded round using LC 63 GI brass reformed to .243 measures about .274" at the neck. A factory R-P .243 usually measures about .272". SAAMI specs call for a minimum chamber of .277" and a maximum cartridge of .276".

I don't bother turning the necks on my reformed brass, not even to clean them up. They are more than good enough for live varmint shooting exactly the way they come out the die.

If you are shooting a custom chamber you'll probably have to turn the necks regardless.

Ray
Unrelated to the quote, here is a link to Sierra Bullets Manual 243 article:
http://accurateshooter.net/Downloads/sierra243win.pdf

CS86

David, have you ordered through those sites before? Just wondering if everything went smooth.

Also I notice 2 sites looked like they sold the brass sorted, but does oncefiredbrass.net sell them unsorted?

learningcurve

Not to cause any issues but I have ordered from the oncefiredbrass.com, and while they are not sorted by headstamp they are all good cases from what I have gotten. I have ordered 2 times now and been impressed both times with shipping and quality/quantity. I counted them out and they give you about 20 or so extras in case some slip through the cracks.

twofromMarch

I have ordered from oncefiredbrass.com and have been generally satisfied except for their inconsistencies in inventory. I just placed an order for some rifle brass from DiamondKBrass.com yesterday and am still waiting. I think they are a relatively new company but came highly recommended from my uncle.

FiveInADime

Tell your friend to Buy some good new brass. My oldest .243 brass purchased new has been loaded 7-8 times now and it's still holding up. Not as cheap as buying once fired brass but you'll end up with good consistency and most likely better accuracy.

Sent From My Galaxy S 4g Using Tapatalk