22lr mouse gun in modern (polymer frame) design

simonrichter

Does anybody know a pocket gun (and with "pocket gun" I mean something the size of a Beretta 950, not a Glock 26 or the like) in 22lr that comes in a modern design (like e.g. Kahr or Keltec guns, w/ polymer frame design). The common Berettas or Taurus PT 22lr are not state-of-the-art design, after all...

aarondhgraham

22-PLY,,,

Taurus 22-PLY,,,
It's a polymer frame .22 semi-auto,,,
I have no idea what you mean by "state of the art".

It also comes in a .25 ACP version,,,
Both are pictured in this image.

MouseGuns.JPG

Mine has performed flawlessly with CI Mini-Mags,,,
As well as Federal Bulk Pack from Wal-Mart.

They are very nice little mouse-guns.

Aarond

simonrichter

was asking just out of curiosity, would have to reapply for a licence first (Europe = paperwork & bureaucracy... :mad:) and then see whether this model is available at all in Europe, but thanks (by the way, god bless America and the 2nd amendment!).

I used to own a Beretta 950 and quite liked the tip-up barrel, so it's nice to see that this actual type of mouse guns (nice picture, talking about mice!) is still developing (though granted, taking the basically 1950ies technology and just adding a polymer frame is not actually high-end development...)

By the way, would you prefer .25 or .22? Both are doubtlessly anemic, but in my opinion the .22lr is so much more versatile when it comes to different loads (apart from lacking a FMJ round)

gyvel

What you categorize as "1950's technology" is actually 1900's technology. Other than the use of (cheap) polymer for frames, there is virtually nothing new in any gun produced today that isn't at least 100 year old technology.

simonrichter

What you categorize as "1950's technology" is actually 1900's technology. Other than the use of (cheap) polymer for frames, there is virtually nothing new in any gun produced today that isn't at least 100 year old technology.

Though the Beretta 950 was developed in the 50ies, you're absolutely right about the "simple blowback + tip-up-barrel", I remember some very old Steyr pistols utilizing this combination. Yet I can't think of any improvement for a 22 cal. mouse gun other than making it more lightweight and corrosion-resistant...

amd6547

The original tip up barrel pistol, to my knowledge, was the "LeFrancais". They were very popular, from what I have read.

aarondhgraham

Bill DeShivs is correct,,,

The Taurus 22-PLY is essentially the same gun as their older model PT-22,,,
Simply manufactured with a polymer frame of a different shape.

They both use exactly the same magazine,,,
At least that's what the Taurus person told me,,,
When I ordered spare magazines for my 22-PLY and 25-PLY.

Still, mine have performed very well for me,,,
I keep them clean and well lubed,,,
They just keep on shooting. :)

Aarond

gyvel

Some early tip up barrels were the LeFrancais', the Steyrs and the Jo-Lo-Ar Spanish pistols.

The Austrian Little Tom was a double action gun long before the advent of the Walther.

The operating slide was invented by John M. Browning.

So, other than the advent of polymer for frames, there is nothing new. Just reheated leftover ideas presented on a new plate.