22LR bolt-action?

P99AS9

I'm looking for a nice 22lr bolt-action rifle. Originally, I had my heat set on one. The Ruger 77/22. My local gun shop had one in and I played with it a little. Than I noticed, It had no sights! So now I'm looking for a nice bolt-action 22LR THAT HAS SIGHTS!!! Any recommendations?

sks

They are old, but a Remington TargerMaster can be had for pretty cheap and they shoot sweet. Single shot though but dead on accurate.

chris in va

The CZ's are nice, some come with sights. Currently though I've decided a TOZ 78-04 will be my next 22, after fondling a Winchester Wildcat at Gander Mountain (basically the same gun). Ergos are amazing and it's very light. Plus the 04 model is threaded for a supressor.

Scorch

You can buy a Ruger 77/22 with sights, you know. BTW, I own several of them, and they are a great rifle.

sholling

If it's in your budget it's hard to beat the CZ452 LUX. Super accurate with a slick action an adjustable trigger.

21734.jpg

For considerably less money Savage sells the Mark II FSS with Accutrigger.

mark11fss.jpg

hodaka

You can get the CZ in a less expensive configuration. The Special (IIRC) is basically the same rifle with a cheaper stock. About $275 I believe.

jdc1244

Here’s my issue with Ruger, the 77/22 .Standard is $542 on Buds, the CZ 452 American is $366. The CZ 453 American with SST is $489. The CZs are as good (some may argue better than) as the Rugers but provide an outstanding value. And there's no way anyone can say the 77/22 is that much of a 'better' rifle.

To the OP, it seems you have your heart set on the Ruger, and that’s fine. The rifles have no sights to accommodate a scope. I have no idea where you can get a 77/22 with sights but a CZ 452 Lux on Buds sells for just $366 – it has the best iron sights in the business and as noted is very accurate. If you can’t find a 77/22 with sights the CZ Lux would be your next best bet.

joshua

There are still some affordable Remington 521Ts floating around in Gunbroker.com. I got a 521T JS for my 8 year old boy, although the rifle is 50+ years old (C&R) it shoots very superb accuracy. I bought it so my boy will lay off my 10/22, but now I like shooting it more than my 10/22. The Lyman sights are precise and will put that bullet on a dime every time.