22LR Ammo Brick, $149.89. WOW!

allenomics

Would you pay $149.89 or more for one 500 cartridge brick of 22LR? Count me out.

That's what "Cheaper Than Dirt!" is charging while supplies last, for Armscor ($149.89) and Wolf ($179.89) variants. (8/11/2020)

CTD bills itself as, "America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter." Really?

FC-AMM-0551.html

FC-645611222610.html

Attachments

• ARMSCOR.jpg
    ARMSCOR.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 386
  • WOLFE.jpg
    WOLFE.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 46

jetinteriorguy

CTB has always been a joke. We’ve got guys around here advertising that much money for a brick of small pistol primers. Simple solution, don’t buy anything and let them choke on it.

stephen426

Wow... That is pretty absurd. I wish I could sell my ammo for that price. I have a nice reserve of .22 LR and most of it is the good stuff too.

gnystrom

People who shop at CTD deserve what they get. I would learn a martial arts skill before I would buy anything from them.

hub1home

Keep Shopping! I don't buy anything from Cheaper than Dirt because of their HIGH prices. Suggestion: Find some CCI Mini=Mags. That is the only .22 ammo that I shoot for a few cents more. GREAT AMMO!

TXAZ

It may have been another forum but I remember a near identical post about CTD in the previous (Obama) ammo shortage.

smee78

Who knows how bad it will get as we get closer to the election? As for that price, they should be ashamed.

mikejonestkd

My local sporting goods stores still have irregular stocks of 22 LR bulk packs, and for reasonable prices- approx. $25-$30 for 500 rounds. I make a circuit to the stores once a week and usually come home with a brick or two for my efforts.

JDBerg

When things get back to “normal” you need to remember what these sheisters tried to pull. I thought the 50 rd. box of Tula 9mm steel-cased ammo for $18.99 was bad!

Last edited:

skoro

Honestly, I don't understand how CTD stays in business. They've been known as rip-off artists for more than a decade.

FITASC

Someone somewhere is WILLING to pay their asking price. CTD can always come down on their pricing, and if it doesn't sell at that ;price, they'll slowly drop the price until they find the spot where folks are willing to buy. You see it in retail everyday. Look what the hottest toy costs right before Christmas versus after...............besides "Location, Location, Location", there is "Timing, Timing, Timing"

wild cat mccane

Federal/CCI/Speer (all one company--one of the largest monopolies of a single product now that Winchester went under) sells directly online with free shipping over $99.

So...you can buy directly from Federal/CCI/Speer for cheaper than anything on ammoseek.com. Yes. It goes out of stock, but in 2 day spreads, I've seen most come up as available. Yes--they sell at their high MSRP. But all lower than every ammoseek.com option...and in stock.

Makes you wonder on every single company right now like Target Sport USA, SGAmmo, etc. Only Cabelas/Bass Pro (same company) seems to be honoring normal prices.

I mean right now, Federal is selling a case of 9mm brass Lawman (typically the most expensive 9mm FMJ) for $100 less plus free shipping than the lowest STEEL cased Wolf stuff on ammoseek.

Last edited:

FITASC

Winchester went under? HUH? Are you talking about the gun or the ammo business?

REMINGTON just filed for BK protection, it will be interesting to see what happens to the ammo side of things as that was always making a good product and a profit

skoro

44 AMP said:
P.T. Barnum knew the answer.... (if he actually ever said it..)

"there's a sucker born every minute..."

Seems CTD must have found a bottomless well of suckers.