.223 Rem to .30 Luger forming dies?

anand

Greetings,
I was looking at some stuff about forming .30 Luger cases from .223 Rem brass. Now I was wondering if the same case forming dies used to do this, could also be used to form .30 Luger cases from .30 Mauser or 7.62x25 Tokarev cases.

Or do I need custom case forming dies?

thanks,
Anand

I've formed both from 223 but I never tried to go from one to the other.

If memory serves, and it has been a very long time, the 30 Mauser formed brass was a bit short but workable. I don't remember much about the 30 Luger. Still I don't see why this wouldn't work. RCBS sells the needed dies. You could always call them and ask.

Intel6

I have formed perfectly good .30 Luger brass for my Walther P5 by running 9x21 or 9x23 brass in a .30 Luger sizing die. The 9x21 is a bit short and the 9x23 needs to be trimmed slightly but works great.

Paul Fitz Jones

Selling off 50 years of shooting supplues

I have sussessfully made 30 mauser and 30 luger from 223 fired blanks brass and have loading dies, brass, ton of 223 and live ammo and dies plus 2 lugers one an american eagle to sell off coffeyn1@juno.com

dfm

I'll go along with Intel6. Get some 9x21 cases and neck down. As stated they come out a little short but work just fine.

dfm

WIL TERRY

BUT THE EASIEST WAY IS STILL TO HAVE YORE DEALER ORDER IT FROMT

BLACK HILLS SHOOTER SUPPLY
RAPID CITY, SD

THEY HAVE W-W 30LUGER BRASS IN STOCK. SAW IT THIS MORNING.

Gewehr98

It's a lot of work.

Before StarLine came out with their boxer-primed 7.62x25 Tokarev brass, I had cut down and reformed a bunch of .223 Remington for my CZ-52 pistol. I used the standard sizing dies to do so, however. I dunno if one really needs one of the expensive forming dies.

EchoFiveMike

Seems like lots of work. Midway carries 30 luger brass, off and on. Winchester makes a run once a year or so, and they do loaded ammo also. IIRC Starline makes 30 Luger brass too. S/F...Ken M