223 brass - anyone find any?

castnblast

Can't be picky at this point. Does anyone know where to find it? It's like it's not even being made. No one has it. I stocked up on primers and bullets but only have 300 or so pieces. Would like some more.

bubbacrabb

I always just go to a busy place people shoot and dont pick up their brass. I seen bass pro has some new brass available for back order if you want new brass, atleast it was last night.

bubbacrabb

Man, more like top price brass. Geez, a year ago I sold off tons of 223 brass for 40 dollars a thousand. Makes me wish I held onto that 25,000 pieces I had.

Xfire68

That is nutty prices! Unprocessed 5.56 brass was $60-$80 per k. Processed was $100-$120. New LC brass was $200 and on sale $150 per k.

joneb

Can't be picky at this point. Does anyone know where to find it? It's like it's not even being made. No one has it. I stocked up on primers and bullets but only have 300 or so pieces. Would like some more.
How many are you looking for ?
Can you deal with crimped primer pockets ?
I will sell you some for $3 a LBS + shipping.
I'm guessing I have 500ct. I could spare.
Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Niantician

My work has at least one. Maybe two 55 gal drums filled to the top of mostly .556 with some .40 mixed in. Hard to behave...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

castnblast

As far as crimped primers go - that is new to me. How do you load the primers? I had some that were crushing the primers and they would not seat. How do you fix that?

castnblast

Yeah, really missing the good ole days when I used to manage an indoor shooting range. Most people are retrieving their brass now. At least around here.

john1969

I have some I'll sell. Give me a few days to count it. Some Mil. and foreign. I have Guatemala that shot well but has some sort of corrosion due to reaction with packaging. I had to hand polish some with Flitz just to feel better about shooting it.

Also have 308/762 mil and commercial. Just lays in the cellar.

ScottRiqui

As far as crimped primers go - that is new to me. How do you load the primers? I had some that were crushing the primers and they would not seat. How do you fix that?

Google ".223 removing military crimp", and you'll see a bunch of methods. There are dies for reloading presses that will do it, there are standalone primer pocket swagers like the Dillion Super Swager that will remove the crimp, or some people will just cut away the crimp with a pocket knife.

Also, if you use a primer with a harder cup compound, like the CCI #41 that are designed for .223/5.56mm loads, they're more resistant to crushing. You'll still have to smooth away the crimp slightly, but not nearly as much as if you were fitting regular small rifle primers.

4runnerman

Sorry to say- Your a day late. I just sold 3000 of them full length size and primer pockets uniformed. I have gotten back to about 500 in stock again in the last 2 weeks ,but yes it is getting to be a task to get 223.