.223 bolt action...sugestions?

Lavid2002

Im looking for a .223 bolt action between 500-1,000 Preferably something
*short actioned
*60 deg. bolt operation(no Rem. 700 they have 2 lug nuts and require a 90 deg. bolt turn)
*Pre drilled and tapped for scope bases
*Chambered for .223 rem not NATO
Any sugestions? Thanks guys!
:D :D :D

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
My Ruger 77 Mk II gave me three-shot, 1/2-MOA groups even before I installed a Timney trigger. Great prairie dog rifle.

Art

tINY

In the sub $1k - almost all options will be 2-lug....

Steyr makes 223s with a 70 degree lift. Bowning might have something.

Good luck.

-tINY

Lavid2002

Ehh i just like the short bolt throw....Doesnt it feel aqward for anyone else?!? To turn the bolt a whole 90 deg!?
Ill accept multi lug actions....90 deg rifles anyone?

p99guy

No, It doesnt bother me, as thats how most are made/used to it.....wait till you pick up a Mosin 91/30 with a straight bolt handle that sticks straight up at the sky before unlocking and you will not be bothered as much by the regular mauser based stuff lol.:)

FN has a new Patrol Bolt Rifle coming out any time now in .223, and its based on a Winchester 70.

Scorch

If I were looking for a good rifle in the price range you are looking at, I would look at Ruger, Browning, Remington, Sako, Howa, CZ, or Savage. Go look at them, handle them, see how they feel, etc. Then make the decision. Don't let anyone tell you one is better because of blah blah blah, they are all good rifles with advantages and drawbacks. My preference is Ruger because they are almost indestructible, but there are an awful lot of other rifles sold.