.22 versions of centerfire rifles

Kaylee

Why is it that so few manufacturers also make .22 versions of their rifles? I mean, Marlin's 39A makes a wonderful practice alternate to their 336... why don't Winchester and Remington to the same? Kinda frustrating to have to look in the $600+ range for a Kimber to get close to the Winchester in safety and all, and I don't think there IS anything anymore that handles like the Remington centerfires, is there?

Are these out there, and I've just not been seeing them? Or did they try it and not make enough to justify continuing production?

-K

Shooter 973

22 version of Centerfire Rifles.

Ruger is the only maker that I can think fo that makes a 22 any where close to their centerfire rifles. The M77/22 is almost an exact copy of their Standaard M77 bolt action. I have an early Model 77/22 and it is a well made and very accurate rifle, the safety and the handling qualitys are as close to a standard centerfire M77 as they could make it. It is a full size rifle not a cut down or childrens version. It is built for Adults and shoots like it. Love mine. :D

ronin308

The Kimber .22s are seriously worth it. The test target for mine is a 5 shot group at 50 yards, it measures .333". The factory trigger is excellent as well. I really don't have a bad thing to say about it. My rifle skill has gone up dramatically since I've been shooting it. Truly a worthy investment.

Hemicuda

Kaylee...

what is that about Winchester?

what about the 9422 and 9422 Mag rifles? (Winchester's version of the Marlin 39?)

And Ruger has the Mod. 77-22 riflrs...

Winchester has the 52 series sport/target rifles...

you are RIGHT, there ARE too few... but there's more than just the Marlin...