22 s/l/lr

Legionnaire

You oughta post this in the Buy/Sell/Trade section, unless you're just looking for suggestions. In that case, if you're looking for a rifle with likely collector value, look for a Remington 541T.

Scorch

look for a Remington 541T
I got mine!!!:D

If you are not planning on mounting a scope, how about a Winchester Model 67? If you are planning on mounting a scope, find a Remington 504.

ForneyRider

Not sure about scope yet.

This is for my soon-to-be 7yo daughter.

I like the shorts idea, but don't want a shorts only gun. Friend of mine picked up a 1st prod. year Winchester semi-auto, but it is shorts only. I like the bolt action idea so she can learn the operation some.

I like the Winchester Wildcat, but it is LR only.

No pink Cricketts for this girl.

She helps me reload.

birdshot

tube loaders

the older guns with tubes magazines under the barrel will handle the s/l/lrs or the single shot rifles would be able to handle all three lengths. i like shooting shorts since there is hardly any noise with the long barrel of the older rifles.

sneaky pete

Don't forget the CB series

old Sneaky here: Birdshot's comment about the "Shorts" being Quiet caused me to comment on the CB series of ammo that are really quiet. CB Caps-round nose or pointed, CB Shorts, and CB Longs, The CB Caps and CB Shorts are single shot only But the CB Longs magazine Feed with my AR-7 Survival rifle altho they do not have the power to cycle the action and I have to manually cycle the bolt but I don't have to remove the barrel to load a single round( a PITA), The Colibris are a waste of time and I do know several people that have had the projectile stuck in their BBl.. THANX--SNEAKY :)

22-rimfire

My choice would be one of the Remington 541-S or -T. They say you can load the mags with shorts, longs, and long rifles, but I have never shot anything but LR's in mine.

Big Bill

Model CUB - Mini Youth Single Shot Rimfire Series

cub_AccuTrigger.jpg

http://www.savagearms.com/cub.htm

ForneyRider

I got my dad the Remington pump last year, awesome gun. But was wanting a bolt action for my little girl.

I got him the Colibris. But the shorts are as quiet as his Benjamin Sheridan. I think they are roughly the same fps, ~740.

Remington model 5 is beautiful, as is the Weatherby XXII. The 504 is an earlier version of the current 5?

541 and Winchester 67 look great. The 67 may be a little high for me, but I'll keep it in mind. Gunbroker tends to run a bit higher than what I can order elsewhere or get local.