22 revolver question

Olred777

I just got a 22 revolver made in Miami Florida by F.I.E arms. This is a well used gun. My question is , it doesnt have an ejector tube assembly on it. Looks like it's missing. I've found online where I can get one for a Heritage revolver that'll fit but my gun doesn't have the hole in the bottom of the barrel to screw in the set screw. Does anyone know anything about this issue? Thanks.

rc

Some of the cheap revolvers require you to remove the cylinder pin and poke them out with that. Does your cylinder come out?

Olred777

Yes the cylinder does come out. Any way to buy the ejector tube and parts and put the assembly on this gun?

rc

Only if they were missing. Some Iver Johnson 22 revolvers were the same way. They never had a sliding ejector like a typical single action revolver. If this is an FIE single action, you might try Numrich Gun Parts, or Gun Parts Corporation.

JohnKSa

Administrator
For what it's worth, F.I.E. was an importer that imported firearms from a number of overseas manufacturers. F.I.E. went bankrupt in 1990.

Best bet is to make a separate ejector to use at the range. Get some brass rod stock of the right diameter and cut it to length. If you want to be fancy, put a wooden handle on it. Or just use a section of .22LR cleaning rod.

Ollred777, can you post a couple of photos of the firearm so we can see what you're talking about?

How did you determine that the Heritage ejector assembly will fit the gun you have?

bedbugbilly

No different than using a cap and ball revolver converted wit a Kirst gated Konverter cylinder without an ejected - as suggested, get a piece of brass rod - 1/8" brazing rod should work - cit long enough and bend a 90 degree bend on the end to act as a handle. Round off and polish both ends. Should work slick to push spent casings out.

If you duo find an ejector assembly that will fit - you'll have to have a gunsmith drill and tap blind holes in the correct locations - up to you if the revolver is worth the expense.

44caliberkid

I have the same revolver, it was missing the cylinder pin retaining pin and spring. I was able to get parts from Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) .

The OP hasn't been on-line here for a week. I would still like to see a couple of photos of his gun. In searching the Internet for F.I.E. .22 revolvers, I haven't found a single photo of one that does not have an ejector tube.

Hawg

It could be one of these.

AaA3J8Fl.png