22 Remington Jet/ S & W M53

Status
Not open for further replies.

don leo

Anyone know a good source for new .22 Jet ammo ? Just tired of shooting .22 LR in the inserts from my S & W Model.

Anyone else own one of these ? What's your feedback ?

Grayfox

I don't know of any company making .22 Rem Jet ammo or any source of brass for reloading. I remember these guns and if I recall correctly the hot little Remington round was hell on forcing cones and burnt out barrels rather quickly.
Better to just keep it as a collector's item and shoot a few .22 RFs now and then.

singleshot

Brass is available from Midway (800-243-3220)

As long as the chambers are squeeky clean and perfectly dry the Jet is fun, but it's pretty common to run into a situation where the bottleneck case sets back just a tad in the chamber and ends up binding the cylinder rotation.

I see ammo at gun shows, but it hasn't been loaded in some time. It might be worth buying a box just for grins, but back when I had one I just got S&W to fit a .22lr cylinder to it.

BigG

The original concept was a necked down 357 Magnum case. You might try running a 357 case into your Jet resizing die and see if it will neck down without wrinkling up. Also, they recommended you cleaning the chambers with rubbing alcohol before shooting to prevent the set-back problem. Of course, lube before storage. HTH

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

Status
Not open for further replies.