.22 Pistols Without Frame-attached Barrels?

Siggy-06

There are plenty of .22lr semi auto pistols on the market. Having owned several brands and models, I've found that many of them have the barrel attached/mounted to the frame itself, like the Ruger SR22(which is removable with tools). I assume this is to assist with feeding and accuracy. Are there any .22 pistols where the barrel is not attached to the frame(Sig Sauer short recoil system style, like glocks, ect)? Not counting the Buck Marks, Ruger Mark Series, ect.

SGW Gunsmith

Quote: "Are there any .22 pistols where the barrel is not attached to the frame"

Sure, all the Ruger Mark pistols are easily separated from the grip frame, once the mainspring housing assembly is removed. Accuracy is superb due to how the sights are stationary on top of the receiver and barrel. And then, there are a plethora of aftermarket parts available to modify your Ruger Mark pistol into a very "personal" shootin' iron.

carguychris

Beretta Series 70 (including the 101 and 102). The 70, 70T, 74A, and 100 are .32/.380, and the 70S exists in both .380 and .22LR, but the other models in the series are .22LR only.
JJNA said:
Beretta 87.
Also the 89, the initial 5.9"-bbl heavy target model in the Series 81 (aka Series 80). The 87 Target is similar.

Last edited:

rep1954

I have a Beretta M9 A-1 22lr with a removable barrel as well as a Kimber 1911 22lr conversion that takes down just like a 45 ACP 1911.

Walt Sherrill

The CZ Kadet (gun or kit) has a FRAME-ATTACHED BARREL that is part of an upper assembly that is attached to the frame by the "slide lock lever" and slide rails. You might also argue that it's a FIXED BARREL DESIGN -- but one done differently -- as only the bolt (at the rear of the upper assembly) moves with each shot, and it's movement has no effect on frame/sight/barrel alignment.

It's a clever design.

Last edited:

weblance

I cant really think of any that haven't already been mentioned, other than the ones from Sig Sauer. There is a 938, 250 and 226 in 22 LR. I assume they have floating barrels like their centerfire siblings.

I have a Twisted Industries 22 conversion for the Ruger LC9 that has a floating barrel.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I have a Twisted Industries 22 conversion for the Ruger LC9 that has a floating barrel.
How have I never heard of this company or their products before? :(

Have you done a review of the conversion? That would be fun to read.

weblance

The Taurus and Beretta tip-barrel pistols technically have the barrel attached to the frame, but not in the sense of it being a completely fixed barrel like most of the small caliber blowbacks.