22 Nosler, Will it make it?

shootbrownelk

Just like all the other Nosler chamberings, seems to me that they're trying to "Out-Weatherby" Weatherby with all these overbore cartridges that they claim are the best thing since sliced bread. Claims that animals shot with them fall like they were lightning struck. Bull Cookies. They're just trying to sell more expensive guns and ammo. And to borrow a line..."There's a Sucker born every Minute".

mikejonestkd

A .22 caliber centerfire cartridge that is designed to perform well in an AR-15?

I think there already is one that seems to work pretty well....the .223 remington.

This new cartridge doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of taking on the .223 long term.

MarkCO

Looks like a loser to me. Sometimes I wonder if anyone there on the design side ever thought of doing a focus group since they seem pretty out of touch with anything except just tinkering with new stuff.

I like to tinker too, and I have some designs in the marketplace that have done really well, and several have been knocked off, but trust me, not all of my prototypes went into production.

Scorch

Ok, so they got a 55 grainer all the way to 3350 fps. :rolleyes: And no, it does not sound like a 22-250, it sounds almost exactly like a 223. There's a reason the 222 Magnum and the 224 Weatherby and the 225 Winchester and the 22BR flopped: they launched a 55 grain bullet slower than a 22-250. If I want to fire a bullet slower than the 22-250, why pay for premium ammo?

FrankenMauser

Marketed well, it might survive for a little while.

But I see no future for it.

Reminds me of .307 Winchester, .220 Russian (in the U.S.), .450 Marlin, the RSAUMs, and many of the other failed cartridges we've been discussing in the rifle forum, lately.
It's not a better mouse trap. It's just a different mouse trap.
And different, alone, rarely makes it in the cartridge world...

Nvreloader

I see this case as a base for lot of wildcats,
17 cal,
20 cal,
6mm cal,
257 cal,
30 cal,
357 cal,
among others. :eek:

Tia,
Don