22 mag ammo

vikingextreme93

I read somewhere a week or two ago about some new ammo in 22 mag that is supposed to shoot flatter and really put the mag up there with a 17hmr in accuracy. Anyone know anything about this or was it just internet lore?

mikejonestkd

Here's a load that shoots flatter than traditional 40 grain loads:

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=0073

V-MAX Part Number: 0073

Caliber 22 Magnum RF
Bullet Weigh, gr 30
Bullet Type poly-tip
Box Count 50

Velocity, ft/sec

Muzzle 2200
50 yards 1866
75 yards 1714
100 yards 1571

Energy, ft-lbs

Muzzle 322
50 yards 232
75 yards 196
100 yards 164

Trajectory if sighted at 100 yards

25 yards -0.2
50 yards 0.5
75 yards 0.6
100 yards 0.0

Product Description

CCI continues to add top-quality products to its extensive rimfire lineup. The V-Max bullet is known for explosive expansion on small game and varmints and sets the standard for accuracy. This addition gives CCI a total of seven offerings in 22 Win Mag that include TNT and GamePoint bullets and #12 shotshell.

BTW, accuracy and trajectory are two different things, it may shoot flatter but not be more accurate than another load. YMMV...

VetteVert

FWIW, I love these rounds (and the Hornady counter points...Hornady makes the bullet and CCI loads them...the same ctg. except one is red tipped and one black). The difference between them and a standard 40 grainer can be exciting. Shooting an apple with a standard round just puts a hole in it for me...or maybe splits it in two. They explode with this round...just like they do with .17HMR. Fun Fun.

VV

Uncle H

I tried a box of the New Hornady's about a month ago-damm! Those things whistle right along and seem to be very accurate.

Midway just got some in so I ordered 4 more boxes. :D

levrluvr

Although they are about $4 more per 50, I've had better accuracy out of the Remington 33gr than the 30gr offerings from CCI and Hornady.