22 Fun:CZ, Savage, Ruger, Vudoo, JP Enterprises ShootOut

Mr.RevolverGuy

Manufacturer Range Day Competition. Originally this video was going to be a light film production with CZ, Savage and Ruger. But my friend showed up with his Vuddo and JP Enterprises Semi Auto.

I did not expect the Ruger American Rimfire to turn in the group it did being an off the shelf stock rifle. Only thing done was sanding of the stock to free float the barrel.

Stick around to the end to hear how silent the Vudoo is with suppressor and for the ranking of 1 - 5.

Who would you pick as the overall winner before seeing this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1euligqaQcw

AgedWarrior

Out of the box with zero mods of any kind I would expect the CZ to be the better of the three initial bolt guns. Yours were modded slightly except the Ruger, but you shot it suppressed. CZ still wins.

I have a lot of fun taking .22’s to the range. My CZ 455 is especially fun; I like shooting it at 100 yards. Often I will shoot pretty cheap ammo (Federal Range Pack) and the 455 still gives 1.25” at 100 with that (amazes me because I know this stuff is dropping to subsonic in flight). All I have is a little Sightron 3-9x40 on it. I often use the small 1/2” and 3/4” stick on dots for covering holes as my primary targets. One of these days I will take a pic or two of the targets. When I do use high end .22 LR such as Eley or RWS target ammo, the 455 is really sweet; groups tighten right up!

Mr.RevolverGuy

Agedwarrior RWS Target really is mediocre to me, this was kind of a way of me leveling the playing field. My cz455 loves RWS R50 but wow it is 20 bucks a box of 50. Next in line would be the Lapua centerX then Eley Tenex. I have tried a lot of Eley but it just does not like it very well.

SK Standard Plus shoots actually better than the RWS Rifle Match in this video, try some you may be surprised.

AgedWarrior

Yeah, I am not willing to pay some prices...I enjoy my .22’s too much to screw it up and make it expensive. I will give the SK Standard Plus a try...thanks for the suggestion. I have not found Eley to be the greatest in my 455 either; good, but not the best.

jdc606

.22 fun

I no longer hunt but love to shoot so have graduated to .22LR. It was 10 cents for powder plus 4 cents for primer just reloading .223Rem, top with the cheapest 9 cent FMJ bullet and I can buy match grade .22LR at those prices.
I've found the same trials/testing satisfaction with .22LR as I did while testing for optimum bullet/powder combo in center-fire ammo.
Have done the sort by cartridge weight thing, sort by rim thickness thing, and sort by rim to ogive (bullet band) thing and chrony them all.
The Federal Range Pack 275 count .22x40 at 5 cents each have had some of the best numbers/groups while some Eley Match at .23 cents each the widest variables but always good groups so far. Of course the next batch may be completely different.
My rifle is an inexpensive Savage MKII heavy barrel. I did put it in a Rigid Alloy stock and messed with the trigger a bit. I can take a 10 round magazine of sorted ammo and put 9 in basically the same hole at 50yards, but there will always be one hole any where from 1/4 to 1 inch away. Will group all day long under 2 inches at 100 yards.
Easy on the ears and shoulder and great fun.

jetinteriorguy

A couple years ago I bought a Savage B22 with the heavy barrel, put a cheap $45.00 Bushnell .22 scope on it and with Aguila ammo it easily groups a dime size hole at 50yds, a quarter size hole at 75yds, and under 1 3/4" at 100yds. These aren't just 3-5 round groups, I'm shooting 50 rounds at a time into groups this size. This thing just shoots so nice it's actually boring to shoot. It's just a cheap little rifle that shoots so good I'm amazed. Maybe I just got lucky but I love this thing. But, the mag is a pita to load and it will occasionally fail to extract a shell so I have to drop the mag and cycle the bolt again to extract the casing.