.22 CB Caps.

gyvel

I don't think any CB generates enough pressure to operate a semi auto. It would have to be able to overcome the mass of the bolt (which would have to be very light) as well as compress a recoil spring and over come the inertia of the firing mechanism.

Ain't gonna happen...:D

dakota.potts

My girlfriend's dad has a High Standard competition pistol that came with interchangeable .22 caliber barrels. The .22 Short barrel has an aluminum slide or bolt carrier (haven't looked at it myself) replacement because the .22 Shorts won't cycle the standard slide. I can't imagine how light you would need to get it for a .22 CB to cycle it.

kcub

A bolt action does well.

So does a pump or lever rifle. Those Remington CBees actually expand. Really deadly for squirrels and pretty quiet.

CBee22.ashx

vkeith

I use Aguila Super Colibri in my Trailside, and treat it as a repeater instead of a semi-auto. Works well for quiet practice or getting rid of possums stealing the cat food late at night.

I don't think I would want to shoot a semi-auto firearm with a slide and spring light enough to cycle CBs, and it sure couldn't be used for SV ammo, let alone HV or hyper velocity ammo.

kcub

Super Colibri is ok for rifles but not Colibri. Regular Colibri is so weak it will lodge in the barrel. OK for handguns though and any pellet trap will stop them.

Whenever they deliver yellow page directories there is a law firm add on the back with about 50 heads for indoor targets with my Colt Scout single action revolver and Colibri. They don't even make it halfway through.