.219 zipper case form dies

Si6

Hi all

Im in a bit of a jam,i have the reload dies for my .219 zipper but... im having trouble finding case form dies, 30/30 to .219
any body know where i can find a 3 die set?

Thanks

Si6

bfoster

Redding offers top quality case forming dies to make 219 Zipper from 30-30 brass. They aren't cheap but are available for less than list price from Graf, Sinclair and others.

Surprisingly, considering that they aren't usually as carefully made, the equivalent RCBS case forming dies available from Huntington are higher priced than those Redding offers.

Cheaper than this is to simply scrounge. 219 Zipper brass (and ammunition), though not currently manufactured, is available, if not common. I suggest looking in long established gun shops- you never know 'till you ask.

BTW, if you have a good rifle in this chambering, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the accuracy possible. While I've never seen groups that would excite interest at a benchrest match, many of the fine old single shots that were reworked for this cartridge from the late 1930's through the 1950's are capable of consistently shooting 5 shot groups in the low 3's or high 2's in favorable conditions. IMR 4320 is a good powder choice to start with.

Bob

sebago

I've never tried forming .219 Zipper from .30-30 brass but I've had really good luck using .25-35s. I just bought a pair of Hornady's generic neck sizing dies, one in 6mm and the other .22 cal.. First I necked the .25-35 cases to 6mm as far as the shoulder and then necked them to .22 the same distance. After that all I needed to do was trim them to the proper length and fire form in my Contender barrel. I still don't have proper .219 Zipper loading dies, I just neck size and since they're pretty close to the same OAL, I use a .22-250 seater die for bullet seating. In my case at least I didn't need to ream the case necks but you may need to, especially if they're formed from .30-30 brass. I can echo bfoster's comments on it's accuracy. If the arm is capable, the right load will definitely deliver.

Si6

B foster

Im having a gunsmith in shawnee ok building my 219 zipper, mauser action,boyds laminated varmiter stock,montana riflesmith heavy varmit,bbl,6x24x50 simmons scope,
Gonna be a shooter
:D :D

Si6

JMC

I have a complete set of RCBS forming dies, form and file trim (part #40012), along with the FL size die and seat die. They are from the late '60's but in excellent condition. I have not used them in over 30 years.

Make me a reasonable offer and their yours. ;) E-mail if your interested.