2010 SHOT Show

Boarhunter

For the benefit of those of us unable to attend, please post any information you might have on new handgun products being introduced this week at the 2010 SHOT Show in Las Vegas. I am certain I am not the only one anxiously awaiting that information!

Boarhunter

NRAhab

Ruger is adding an LCR chambered for .357 Magnum to their line-up. This will not replace the .38 Special model, but rather be offered alongside it.

aarondhgraham

New J frame S&W's in .22 lr,,,

This is the rumor I've been reading,,,
If anyone knows any details (web address for pics),,,
I would appreciate you posting the information on this thread.

Aarond

TheShootist1894

Ruger is adding an LCR chambered for .357 Magnum to their line-up. This will not replace the .38 Special model, but rather be offered alongside it.

Can anyone support this? not that I do not believe him, but I was wondering if anyone saw/handled one at the show?

lee n. field

Interesting. That has got to be a handful. Slightly longer, slightly beefier cylinder bringing the overall weight up to a Herculean 15 oz.

DasFriek

Ruger is adding an LCR chambered for .357 Magnum to their line-up. This will not replace the .38 Special model, but rather be offered alongside it
As long as they keep the price down i see that as a hit, And a PAIN to shoot.
But its not a target pistol anyway, As long as its controllable for second shots thats all that matters.

Bodyguard info: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...&storeId=10001&catalogId=11101&content=754501
I hope they offer it without the laser at a lower price, Or the laser is like a $40 upgrade and not $200 like most.

bigghoss

my full-weight taurus 605 is a handfull. it this were true I MIGHT be interested if they made it with a shrouded hammer rather than a concealed hammer. also since the top cylinder portion comes off easily it would be neat if they would make different "uppers" .22lr, 9mm, .327(come to think of it that might be what they're actually working on... ) and so on. tell me you wouldn't buy THAT.

DasFriek

24/7 DA/SA G2 "D" Compact in .45 will be replacing my PT745 for sure.
Its on Page 4 btw, I have loved my PT745 but the decocker and DA/SA and optional adjustable sights beat the heck out of my current gun.

Now i just have to read the rest and pray my PT1911 doesn't get replaced also.
This model line is one of Taurus's most reliable line of handguns imo.

04_3.jpg

Kahr isnt gonna like this one, The PT709 brother has been really populer. But the same size in a .40 is smoke'n.

07_2.jpg

sonick808

I am excited to see what comes of the show this year!

I especially want to see more info and pics (maybe even movies?) on the kel-tec PMR-30.

I don't know WHY i need 30 rounds of 22 WMR in an autopistol, but the fact is I DO NEED one.

sonick808

Wow, taurus has been busy! Quite a few new and improved models this year.

I want the "Protector Polymer" .38spl polymer wheelgun!

Gelgoog

Here are some goodies from Day 1 at shotshow.

EMA's tactical carbine conversion kit

DSC09118.JPG

Beretta NEOS .22 carbine conversion kit.
DSC09114.JPG

Big Horn Armory Model 89 lever-action carbine is an all-new medium-sized action chambered for the .500 S&W Magnum cartridge.

DSC09121.JPG

Smith & Wesson Performance Center Model 629.
DSC09182.JPG

I hope this means they are bringing this gun back!

S&W’s new Bodyguard .380 auto pistol has thumb safety at left rear of frame, and integral laser sight under the barrel.
SW_04.jpg

S&W’s new Bodyguard .38 has cylinder latch ambidextrously located at upper rear of frame, and integral laser sight.
SW_03.jpg

This is all I have gathered for today. Lots more to come for sure.

DasFriek

I hope S&W keep that Bodygaurd price low and the laser optional.
Thats a sweet looking gun from a company known for making reasonably priced guns.

DasFriek

Anyone been to the MicroTech booth and checked out the ArkAngel?
News on the Boberg? I do like it alot but i think price will chase me away.

I wouldnt mind any great looking pics or news of hot SD ammo.

The Grizzly Extreme with .380 that expands too 2" will an all copper bullet, Like the one GunCrafter uses for their GI .50
The pic of the Griz ammo is on page 51, I cant get a direct link sorry.
http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/AmericanHandgunner/AHMA10/

Gelgoog

I have a feeling it will be slighter more expensive then the keltec and ruger yet cheaper then the sig. So maybe in the $400 range?

DasFriek

I have a feeling it will be slighter more expensive then the keltec and ruger yet cheaper then the sig. So maybe in the $400 range?
Id guess initially $450 without the laser, But $525 with it.
But i like your price a lot better.