2010 Hodgdon's Manual

Huffmanite

Visited local Wal-Mart today and noticed Hodgdon's 2010 Reloading Manual was in the magazine section. With tax, cost me about $8.50 Of course, you can use the Hodgdon website for reload data, but prefer having a manual when I'm reloading at my workbench.

Sevens

It bothers me that they call this a "manual." It's a magazine, or an overgrown pamphlet. No worries-- I keep EVERY guide or pamphlet that any/every powder maker has ever printed. If I have my hands on a copy, I still have it. I haven't thrown one out since I started picking them up in 1988.

In the real world, however, this thing isn't a manual.

I don't want to bag on Hodgdon so much, because their online Reloading Data Center beats every other powder make in the business. But their printed guides and that thing they call a "manual" is lousy. WAY too many calibers not even mentioned in it.

Huffmanite

sevens, you are correct, not a manual, but a magazine.

By the way, noticed a post somewhere that 2010 Hodgdon issue, has major error. Pages 108 and 109 are reversed. Page 109 should be page 108.....

heartbeat

the "magazine" is their "annual manual", but they also have (or used to at least) a book manual similar to the others. i use lee's 2nd, but do have a copy of the 09 annual.

farmall

I bought one too, but if you don't wast to hear all about their new 8208 powder, and it's magical properties, I'd skip it.

RedHawk357

Got mine today

And thoroughly disappointed. I really was expecting to see updated PSI vs CUP info for 357 mag and 44 mag over last years copy. Next book/magazine I buy will be from a store that's for certain.

Hammonje

Yeah I got a freebie at David's Gun Room in Norcross, GA!!!!!!!

Hornady, Sierra, Lee + internet + JBM = Master Card