20 gage auto burgler - avaiable?

jmlv

I know this is a NFA GUN nut was wondering if they were avaiable or hard to come by(with the proper paperwork of course) thanks

C.R.Sam

Pistol grip only shotguns are miserable to shoot accurately.

20ga AutoBurgler is MISERABLE² to shoot safely or accurately.

Sam

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Take a good anti-inflammatory first. Maybe two.

Let me say this, I consider myself fairly tough, but would rather undergo root canal work sans novocaine than shoot a box through an AB....

dfaugh

Years ago

a friend made a "sawed-off" double like this...Of course the barrels were longer to keep it legal, but it was pretty small (He may have "fudged" on barrel length, looked awful short to me, but he said it was legal)..Also, it was 12 gauge...and i didn't find it bad to shoot at all.... Correct hold was hip level, with right hand over/around barrel....Shot spread out so much that "aiming" was not an issue, at intended ranges (measured in feet, not yards!)

I have fired a 'confiscated' 12 ga. H&R Topper that was abbreviated to a barrel length of about 9 inches with the stock sawn off to approximate a pistol grip. Ergonomics? Ergo what?

It was an absolute SOB to shoot, somewhere between getting a full-power swat to an outstretched, palm out hand by a tennis racket and hitting your fingers with a hammer. Two handed, with the weak side holding down the barrel with the web tended to negate the sting a little...very little.
Muzzle flip is such that it makes one glad it only has one round since a follow-up shot could hit the operator.

It patterned approximately the width of a boxcar in the length of a boxcar. Muzzle flash is pretty impressive if you're into Hollywood boomers, but thereagain, it'd start a fire.

Myself, I'd rather look at a Serbu Super Shorty than the Auto-Burglar; at least you have more to grab onto and 3 in the tube.
If you're that hot for something like that, then the 'Witness Protection" Remington 870 might be the best choice of all.

Regards,
Rabbit.