2 Tone Pistols

2 Tone Pistols

• Agree (Black Slide/Stainless Frame)

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Disagree (Stainless Slide/Black Frame)

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters

IanS

With all due respect to Skunkabilly I personally don't care for the "reverse" 2 tone pistols that have gotten popular these days. :eek: IMO a proper 2 tone pistol should have a blued/parkerized/black slide with a stainless/ lt. gray frame. I think they look more classy and more business-like as a handgun.

Of course with the black polymer frames of HK and Glock its difficult to do but Sig with their blackened stainless slides could have done it.

Marko Kloos

I don't like "two-tone" guns, period...but if I had to choose, I'd have a black slide on a stainless/anodized alloy receiver.

SquirrelNuts

I like the looks of some of the 1911's that have the black frame with OD green slide. I do not like chrome. The only chrome gun I own is a Raven P-25, and I got that to be able to say I bought a handgun on my 21st b-day. I already had a Glock 17 though...

-SquirrelNuts

caz223

Don't care for the CZ 'look'.
I like the h&k style enough to spend the extra $$$ for the stainless over the HE.
My .02

IanS

LOL! I knew I'd get negative responses against two tone pistols in general. I really prefer all black or blued pistols in general. But I can appreciate 1911's with black slides and stainless frames, all bright stainless, nickel, or hard chrome. I don't mind a dressy pistol now and then.

Don45cal

I prefer the look of two tone. Blue over stainless! I think the two tone adds a bit of character to the pistol.

VVG

The choice of blued slide is fine if you are going to mount the thing over your mantlepiece.

Some people actually buy pistols with blued frame and satin nickel slide because the nickel slide holds up a lot better to frequent range handling and use than a blued finish.
SIGP220.jpg

GLOCKT

my favorite combo

Walthers O/D green frame on the black slide.
Great cammo technique when wearing the cammo's on the weekend out shooting.
Besides this combo,I don't care too much for stainless or black or blued
SAFE-SHOOTING!

nyetter

No way! Only the frame should be black, and maybe the controls, but the slide should definitely be "white". Having the pretty metal on the frame doesn't make sense, it gets covered up by the grips!

The Kimber CDP, SIG 2-tone, Beretta Elite II, and stainless USP look much better than any "conventional" 2-tone pistol.

HKguy9

I rike two tone....

beretta_copy.jpg

Hehehehe....

As for black slides and stainless frames...have you ever seen a white skunk with black stripes down its back? Me neither ;)