2 Questions:

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Wife does, thus I too see it often...
NO I think it a complete farce not based on reality at all... Never seen so high a body count since the old westerns of the late 60's early 70's. How many rounds can they cram in a semi auto pistol anyway? 30? At least there really is a CSI unit in many police departments...
Brent

Yes, I watch it. It's an awesome series with no ties to reality. I watch TV to get away from life temporarily.

There has been some awesome gunplay but my favorite gun they use is a MarkIII with a suppressor. I think that'll be my next purchase once I can collect enough coin for the can and suppressor.

lefteye

Confession: I like the series, one reason being that my brief Army life was similar (about 5% similar) but I rarely heard a shot while wearing civilian clothing and visible participants usually numbered 3 to 5. Nevertheless, being alone outside the US was interesting. Long time ago!!!

Doodlebugger45

I watch The Unit every chance I get. And also NCIS.

I don't view them as reality shows, just entertainment.

The main reason I watch them though is to observe how the 2 group leaders (Mark Harmon on NCIS and the black dude on The Unit) lead their people and get such total devotion. It would be my dream to have leadership qualities like that. But alas, that won't ever happen. I'm too much of a softie, but it's nice to see such decisive leadership, even in a fantasy.

KingEdward

yes, watch the Unit.

no personal experience.

The Unit is based on the book Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney and some of the stories are based from real events.

ERIC L. HANEY

For more than twenty years, Command Sergeant Major (retired) Eric L. Haney served in the United States Army’s most demanding combat units: As a Combat Infantryman, as a Ranger, and ultimately, as a founding member and eight-year veteran of the Army’ super secret counter-terrorism arm, Delta Force.

Inside Delta Force is Eric Haney's story.

And THE UNIT, which airs each Tuesday CBS at 9 p.m., is that story brought to life by some of the finest actors and craftsman working today.

Suicide*Ride

Of course I watch....

I'm the guy who writes the weekly screenplays for "The Unit". Of course, I have to tone it down for TV as my personal experieances are TOP SECRET (Black Ops stuff) & I don't want to endanger my fellow operatives still in the field.

If you don't believe me... just google the Chlorine gas attack that happened 2 yrs. ago! That was ME & my TEAM!!!

Maybe... if you don't like my stories, or if they're too boring for you, send me your ideas & I'll go over them w/ my Mall police team while we're get'n in some range time. We just got a new 20MikeMike DU rd. in.... for the SAW, & I need to get the guys "up to speed" on it.

My new PM address is: gecko45

;):rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.