2 New Wants!!!!!!!

Don P

I got a hankerin for either one of these S&W pistols. S&W CS45 or a S&W 457S. Does anybody own either of them and would you mind sharing a range function report. Thanks in advance. Don P.:cool:

Hurry up my safe is almost full. Gotta love the wife, all she said is I'm a gun SLUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:eek:

Spenser

I've carried on and off a CS45 for a few years now. It functions flawlessly with everything I've run though it so far. It's pretty small for a .45, but handles pretty well. Recoil is very mild. The trigger is a heavy DA pull, but it's smooth, with no grittiness. The single-action is about typical for a Smith 3rd gen. Holster wise, anything a Sig will fit will also work for this one. It's even rode around in an ankle holster.

It's somewhat topheavy in the way it balances out. That's about all that I can say bad about the thing. The sights aren't half bad. I've always liked Novaks. I painted mine with some luminescent green stuff.

It's a very nice little .45, and it's probably pretty affordable. I'm kinda looking for a CS9, I like the .45 so much....

Don P

S&W's

Thanks for the input. I have been checking around today and they are discontinued models and no shop so far has either in stock. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the shows. We may start looking at the Glock 30's and 36 because of the weight factor.:cool:

Glock-19

I have a CS40 same gun as CS45, but in a .40, and for some reason I cant hit the broad side of a barn with it. I dont know why? I bought it at a gun show a few months ago along with a Glock 36, and the 36 has quickly become my favorite gun for concealed carry and at the range, shoots great and recoil isnt bad.

6Covered

I have a 457. Blued, not stainless. I've had it about 10 years. Carry it occasionally. Small and compact. I put Hagues on it.

It has NEVER failed to fire and eject. Absolutely been 100%. Probably somewhere near 3000+ rounds through it.

Shoots POA at 20 yds.

I think 3rd gen Smiths are a hidden secret. Not very sexy. Old school steel. With all the poly guns now out, they have fallen by the wayside. I have Glocks and XD's, but also have four 3rd gen Smiths that I keep going back to.

I don't have much experience with the CS45 other than a friend who has one and swears by it.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either.