$2,000 shopping spree

Eazyeach

So I sold some guns Saturday at a gun show. Sorry Cheapshooter. I had to make room in my safe. Long story short I have some extra money burning a hole in my pocket. I don't "need" any guns at all but I want something. What 2-3 guns would you buy for $2000 or below? I'm thinking S&W model 19,ruger 77/22 or 77/357 and sig 226. Probably over budget I know. Give me some other ideas.

Model12Win

Since you said "guns" and not "ammo" I will say I'd want:

-Kitted out AR.

That's it. Make it an M16E4 clone, with Trijicon ACOG and the whole nine yards. In this day and age $2000 should be doable.

skizzums

+1 for the 22TCM, that is an absolute must for my collection. such an awesome round and easily made from the 223 case, much like the 300 Blackout. 550-599$

Russian SVT-40. 850-1000$+1 spam can of 54r

your at about 1600 now, so I guess I would top it off with pietta converted to cartridge. 400$

RodTheWrench

S&W Model 19 6" - Target hammer and trigger. Oversize wood grips.

S&W 627 Performance Center 357 Mag 5" .

That oughta do it. Buy ammo with the rest.

I already have the RIA 22TCM/9mm. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up - they are SO choice! I bought ammo at the gun show 2 weeks ago for $20/box as opposed to the LGS at $29/box.

I did also score a NIB PMR-30 recently. For a sensible price - wasn't prepared 100% to buy right then, but when the deal shows up, you gotta do it! :cool:

Eazyeach

Yeah. That Dan Wesson Valor is a sweet looking gun. But I want to buy more than 1 gun and I have a few 1911s anyway.

Mosin-Marauder

A crate o' Mosins.

Or like 5 K-31's

Or a Gewher 43.

Or an SVT-40

Or 3 Yugo SKS's

Or like 6 Karabiner-98's.

Or like 12 Yugo M24/47 Mausers.

Or 15 M1916 Spanish Mauser .308 Converts.

Or 2 Mini-14's and a bucket of Ammo

Or an Ar-15 in 300 Blackout with an EO-Tech and a flashlight and a foregrip.

Or a Stoeger Double Barrel Coach gun and a bunch of 20 gauge shells.

Or a Chiappa Triple Threat in 20 gauge.

Or a Vepr in 7.62x54R

Or 8 Finnish Mosins.

Boy, If I had 2 Thousand dollars...

Eazyeach

Mosin, I had to sell a Colt Diamondback and other guns to get that cash. Looking at your list I would think you're about 45 or 50. On your list the one thing I would think about is a mini14. Did u get yours yet?

Mosin-Marauder

I'm 14. And no, I haven't got mine yet, I've held one before and I'm going to get mine in about 2 months or so. Don't believe all the 18 MOA accuracy stories. They're plenty accurate for what they are.

Mosin-Marauder

If you go with the Mini-14, get an Accu-Strut. Controls barrel harmonics and makes the rifle more accurate. Just don't get anything that isn't a 580 Serial Number. The barrels on those are a lot better than the previous serial numbered ones.

spacemanspiff

My wish list includes:

Win Mod 70 in 30'06

Springfield 1903, unsporterized

CZ452 Lux

Colt LE901

So I guess my first stop on a shopping trip would be gunbroker to see whats available.

rock185

Some good guns have been suggested, no argument from me. But I guess I would take a slightly different tack. I would use that $2000.00 opportunity to buy one higher end gun. SIG P210 Legend, X-5, Baer, S&W Performance Center,etc.....ymmv