1st Gun Of The New Year CZ452FS

cslinger

If anybody read my previous post regarding a Savage Mako .22 that I picked up you will know that I got a lemon. As dissapointed as I was with the firearm my local shop took the gun back without hesitation and immediately ordered me a CZ 45FS from the factory. The previous Savage thread can be found here.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=244117

The new 452 Full Stock came in today and so far I am very happy. I plan to get it out to at least function test it tomorrow night. Not sure when I will be able to test for accuracy at range.

I mounted a Leupold 2x7 rimfire scope on a set of Weaver see through rings I had laying around. Seems to work just fine with both irons and the scope.

The fit and finish of the gun are excellent and the trigger, although heavyish breaks very nice. No mush.

Well that's all for now. Here are some pictures.

CHRISTMAS IN JANUARY
116255.JPG

All Set up and ready to go.
116256.JPG

Glamour Shot
116254.JPG

As a fellow cz owner I must say congradulations, you purchased an excellent firearm! Secondly, you have a magnificent piece of wood on that gun, really nice. Cz's are wonderful guns,but they dont 100% of the time have wood like that! Mine has very nice wood as well,so,welcome to the club!:)
-Chase

tegemu

I am expecting delivery on one daily (Should be here now). I plan to leave it stock as I love the look of the Mannlicher stock. I have a 452 trainer that I am putting a Nikon Monarch scope on. If you are half as pleased with your 452 as I am with mine - you'll be a happy camper.

banditt007

please keep us updated on this gun, its def on my 'hit list' of guns to buy.

how do you find that sloping stock? does it keep your head too low for easy use of the scope? how does it work w/ the irons?

cslinger

I have posted a range report, just do a search on my name.

As for the stock slope it feels great with the irons but does require a chin hold for the scope. I personally don't find this much of a problem but some folks might. As you can see from my shooting the scope position didn't seem to effect accuracy.

For me having irons available anytime I want and a scope is very nice. I don't mind the scope height tradeoff.

Chris

USNairman

Congrats on the CZ, they are very fine rifles and you got a very nice piece of wood. I picked up another 452 yesterday myself. Go to this website and order the trigger kit for your rifle, for $16 you will be amazed on what it will do to that trigger. I have put those kits in every one of my CZ's and actually when I got home with my new 452 yesterday the first thing I did was took it to the garage and installed the kit.
http://cz452.com/