1st Gen. Colt SAA barrel

Trapper L

Anybody have a clue where I could get my hands on a REAL Colt SAA barrel 4 5/8" in 38-40? I can get a new one but I'm looking for a vintage but shootable barrel. I just picked up one of these Colts and the gun is CLEAN except the barrel is pitted. I want a vintage correct barrel for it.

are you prepaired to spend about $500-$600 for a gen 1 barrel ?

there is a fellow who tours the American S.W. selling original Colt SAA parts and guns, an original hammer for my Gen II Colt cost $150.., i had to turn away, Gen I SAA sell for $2,000 and UP !!

Trapper L

are you prepaired to spend about $500-$600 for a gen 1 barrel ?

In a heart beat. I picked the revolver up for $200. and it is a 38-40, one of the more uncommon cartridges. I had a Colt collector take a look at it and in it's current condition said it would bring $1,000.00 easily. But the barrel is pitted badly on the inside. A vintage barrel would bring the estimated value to $2500. or more. The grips are not standard Colt issue and although they look the same, the rampant Colt is different and rare. I am getting a letter from Colt on the thing as there are a couple of other things that are not common on a Colt.

O K Trapper, if you insist.., if i can find this guys card i'll post the info here.

you are a theif :D..........., $200 ??????

good find :D:D