1980 Detonics CM price?

skeeter

I know the new company is selling the Detonics Combat Master for about $1200 so am I correct to figure my Detonics Combat Master stainless 45( polished flats) is worth about $1000? I bought it new in about 1980 and Sid Woodcock, owner of the original company, hand picked it for fit and function, when I was at the Washington factory. We both shot it in their tunnel/tube range. Since then it has not been shot, has original white outer box, rug, manual, sight blades, tube of Break-Free that came with it, Pachmyer rubber grips and factory grips,extra Detonics mag , extra recoil spring set and extra extractor and bill of sale. Since it is like new , equal to the new Detonics and has some history it should be worth $1000?. Am I in the ball park?

skeeter

Why the big drop in value? Isn't the older 1980's Detonics every bit as good as the new $1200 ones?
I paid the same for the Detonics back in the 80"s as I did for my still new i the box Phython and the Phython went up twice what the Detonics did, why?

Jehzsa

The blue guns go for about 450 to 500, depending on condition. Stainless go for about 550 to 600. Yours, with polished flats should be a Mark VI. $550-$600. A Mark VII should be worth quite more for those into that sort of thing.

I'd take an over 20XXX serial number Bellevue in a heartbeat. One of the best, great buys out there. But I don't plan on spending more than $550.00 for it. Plus shipping, of course.

The $1,200.00 figure for New Detonics is MSRP. I believe they are selling now, somewhere, for about $900.00. Retail. In time, could go lower.