1922 Model 11, old extended mag

Jeff Mulliken

I am bringing a 1922 Remington Model 11 back to life for a friend. It was originally used as a Market hunters gun and has a neat but home made magazine extension that goes right to the end of the 28" barrel. I dont know how many shells it will hold, I guess I should count them just for fun...Anyway this gun was sporting an extended mag and killing bushels full of ducks before our fathers were born, it's a real classic....

The old mag tube spring was fubar so the current owner tried to stretch out a normal mage tube spring as the original was trashed....but it is way too weak which leads to my question....

Where can I buy a new, 12 ga. mag tube spring, designed for a very long extended mag?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'll post pics of the finished project so you can all see the precursor to all your new age HD shotties.

Jeff

RsqVet

I don't know if wolf will have one that long, but I have seen a similar arrangement where an extra-long spring was put together out of 2 by using a home made extra follower between the 2 springs to keep things form getting tangled.

Might work for you .

Slopemeno

If not Wolf, then Choat, who used to make some 10 shot extensions. And hey, if THAT isnt available, check McMasterCarr, who seem to have pretty much everything.

Jeff Mulliken

I ordered the longest spring available from Brownell's. I also got a fresh standard spring. One of them comes with one of the bright orange nylon shell followers used in LEO set ups.

It is important to get enough spring tension on the shell follower in these old long recoil operated guns so if need be I figured I could stack two springs with the follower between them for the extra length and tension. As long as the follower moves absolutely freely inthe mag tube it should work.

Don't worry I'll get pics out when I get my home computer up and running again. How many 85 year old 10 shot 12 ga's do you get to see anyway?

Jeff

Jeff Mulliken

Last edited: